PDA

View Full Version : Over heating

Mick
06-01-2005, 04:48 AM
My yamaha is spitting out water very irregulary. I thought the impeller may be screwed, but I stuck some piano wire through the small hole where the water flow exits, to find a few grains of sand fall out. The water flow then returned to normal, but not long after become irregular again. Is there more sand in there, or do I need a new impeller? Is there a chance the motor could overheat?
Mick
p.s I have an overheating alarm, but it hasn't gone off yet.

SeaHunt
06-01-2005, 10:14 AM
HI Mick, the Telltale is an indicator that water is flowing through your motor.
The teltale path itself can be blocked with sand , (more usually mud, shell or grit) , and the motor still being cooled corectly.
Because it is not overheating , I would suggest this is your problem.
Lift the cowel , the telltale usually flows through a small hose , disconnect it at any joins and clean it out. :)

DavidT
06-01-2005, 11:07 AM
My yamaha is spitting out water very irregulary. I thought the impeller may be screwed, but I stuck some piano wire through the small hole where the water flow exits, to find a few grains of sand fall out. The water flow then returned to normal, but not long after become irregular again. Is there more sand in there, or do I need a new impeller? Is there a chance the motor could overheat?
Mick
p.s I have an overheating alarm, but it hasn't gone off yet.

Hello Mick,

I had the same problem as you, it even stopped spitting water out at idle, i assumed imediatly it was blocked some where so i began to disconenct the hoses and give them a blow out, i was amazed at what i found stuck in them, after the clean out she pumps perfectly now.

Cheers,

David.

Mick
06-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Copy that.