PDA

View Full Version : MY NEW OLD BOAT

Jay_S
06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi Jay here,
Some pics of my new old boat.
It's a 12foot rowing dinghy. It was built about 40 years ago.
Dad fixed it up for us so it is seaworthy. We have to learn to row it before he let's us use the motor. Wish he would hurry up and let us have the motor :'(
We troll a lot for flathead in the canal where we live and we have caught 3 flathead so far.We let them go. I just love having my first boat :D ;D

From Jay and his boat. ;)

seabug
06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi Jay,
Looks great.
I hope you get a lot of fun using it.
Cheers Seabug

Jay_S
06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Me,my brother and sister on launching day ;D ;D

ba229
06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Thats a great looking boat.

You will have heaps of fun with that I have no doubt.

Learning to row is an important part of being the captain of a boat.

3 days ago this guy I know (wasn't me :-) ) had to row 2km cause he ran out of fuel.

Taught him a lesson :-)

Enjoy

ba229
06-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Ohh yeh, can't quite read it. Whats the name of your boat?

Jay_S
06-01-2005, 03:27 PM
It's name is JayJarMoo

It's short for -Jay, Jaret and missy moomoo (my sister Kelsi)

Jay

DavidT
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Hello Jay,

Your boat look smore flashy then mine :)

I sit in envy :D

Cheers,

David.

subzero
06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Congratulations Jay, I am sure you will have plenty of good times in your boat, looks pretty swish I reckon.... good name too...
Make sure you keep some good life jackets handy, you know what little sisters can be like always getting into things they shouldnt ;D ;)
Cheers Lloyd

Big_Kev
06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Cool boat skipper.

philip_thomson
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
what an awesome first boat Jay. reminds me of my uncles boat the "Stealth". if you row it heaps you should build up some good abb (6 pack) muscles. always handy.

best of luck with her and may you see many a good fish brought on board her.

cheers phil

Needmorerum
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Good on ya Jay, that would be spot on for sneaking up to the jetties and snags with soft plastics. Hope you have heaps of fun in it. Reminds me of a boat my dad had, it was hand made, and what I saw of it, it would have been similar to yours. It was called BANG (Brian, Alexander, Neil and George). Wish I was around in those days when this sort of thing was the norm.

Corry

Thunderbird
06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Jay Remember rule no:1 Nobody rides for free :D :D
Get your brother and sis to paddle while you get a good spread of lures out the back ;D
That boat looks a lot safer than the slab of foam me and my brother use to paddle around on in Bulimba creek.
JAYS-A-WAY......
Go gettum young fella!

dazza
07-01-2005, 03:15 AM
hey Jay,
cool boat mate, how do ya recon bones will go when you want to do a bit of high speed trolling ;D ;D ;D
have caught a few nice trevalley down at the inside of the mouth of the lock, you should have no trouble giving a few a hurry up
cheers
dazza