PDA

View Full Version : 5.3 METRE CUSTOM BUILT DALE CRAFT

troy
02-01-2005, 02:41 AM
5.3 METRE CUSTOM BUILT DALE CRAFT FIBREGLASS HALF CABIN-CANOPY-COMPASS -SOUNDER-BOW RAILS -SIDE RAILS-BOW SPRIT-MARLIN BOARDS-FULLY CARPETED-UNDERFLOOR FUEL TANK-130HP OUTBOARD-TRAILER-NEW ELEC WINCH-NO WORRIES OF DRY ROT-ONLY 30 HOURS USE=[GAURANTEED AS NEW CONDITION]THIS BOAT WILL OUT PERFORM MOST 18 FOOTERS ON THE MARKET [PRICE 30000]
WILL PAY FREIGHT COSTS
PHONE 0427847138 or 0747822061

THE HULL DESIGN OF THIS BOAT IS SIMILIAR TO THE OLD 17 HAINES ONLY IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO MAKE IT A EVEN BETTER RIDING BOAT.

cooky
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
very nice boats - have a friend that might be interested. I'll let him know. These boats are big around the Burdekin area.

troy
02-01-2005, 01:06 PM
the dale craft are a very nice boat and are built to last.
one of the best riding boats i have been in.
this one is immaculate and only being sold for health reasons

craigie
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
"Spectre" from this site has the 6.5m version, what a magnificent boat to take to the reef.
My tick of approval for Dale Craft ;)

Craigie.

Spectre
04-01-2005, 10:26 AM
They certainly build em well in the Burdekin.
Dale craft are an excellent boat...really enjoying owning one. Don't know the 5.3 ....but the 6.5 is a corker. ;D ;D
Have not seen any others in the Brisbane area yet, but there are supposed to be a few living here ?? ??? ???

troy
04-01-2005, 11:35 AM
hi
spectre
do you own a dale craft.
the 5.3 are a beautiful riding boat and are very dry .
the manufacturer of these boats builds them very strong and out of the 100's he has built not one has ever developed dry rot

craigie
05-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Troy,

Would be very handy if you could put up a couple of Photos of your Dale Craft, so we can all have a good look at her ;)

Cheers
Craigie.

troy
05-01-2005, 01:20 PM
hi
craige
in the process of taking the photos.
just hope i do not have much trouble putting them up as i have never did it before.
thanks for the suggestion.
regards
troy

Spectre
05-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi Troy

Yep...I own a 6.3M sports cab model, with a 225 Yammy 4 stroke. Have not had it long...got it about April last year. Very happy with it, a good offshore rig with heaps of fishing room as the donk is on a pod. We had it trucked down from the Burdekin. Will have a go at posting a photo ASAP. Good luck with boat...I am sure it won't sit too long.

Cheers
Spectre

NQCairns
05-01-2005, 02:06 PM
What do they look like? I did a google but no luck! Need a pic now >:( :D ;D ;D...... somebody?
Oops just read specters post, look forward to the pic make sure the hull is in focus if you can[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]nq

troy
05-01-2005, 03:40 PM
nqcairns
can post you photos of whatever angle of the boat you wish
without delay but i am just new to this chat and web sites
it could be a few days before anyone see's them as i am a newcomer to this new teck.
regards
troy

Spectre
05-01-2005, 04:53 PM
NQCairns, Troy & others

Have a couple of photos Ok of the 6.3, but having a few techo troubles downsizing them to attach etc....any clues ??? ???

Spectre

NQCairns
05-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Email them to me, my address is on my page, I will fix them up tomorrow if you want.

Here are a couple to start, thanks Seabug ;)

NQCairns
05-01-2005, 05:44 PM
d

NQCairns
05-01-2005, 05:45 PM
g

Spectre
05-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Hi NQCairns
Here is one pic of my boat...had to get help from my daughter !!
Like the look of your 6.3 & the good canopy setup.
Mine has a folder top only at the moment...but would like a proper targa set up with the rocket launchers etc.
The are a good sea going boat for sure !!

Cheers
Phil

Spectre
05-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi NQCairns
Here is one pic of my boat...had to get help from my daughter !!
Like the look of your 6.3 & the good canopy setup.
Mine has a folder top only at the moment...but would like a proper targa set up with the rocket launchers etc.
The are a good sea going boat for sure !!

Cheers
Phil

Smithy
06-01-2005, 04:38 AM
The Dales are like an exagerated Haines Signature Variable Deadrise. Super Deep Veed in the bottom to take on the NQ chop but square chines for stability once you pulled up. F and B magazine thought they were a pretty under rated boat and only really poplular in the Burdekin where they are made. A bit of a pity really. I like the theory behind them myself and actually convinced a mate to get a big Signature because they use the same setup but not to the same scale as a Dale.

Spectre
06-01-2005, 08:30 AM
They do have a very deep vee, which cut swell in the Moreton Bay slop.
I think the hull shape, with almost tunnels running down each side really helps with a soft & dry ride. Most spray is deflected down & then back under. Plenty of room in the cab, with 2 bunks & good storage etc.
I reckon they are a top boat & as you say Smithy, under rated for sure. ;D ;D

Cheers

Spectre
06-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Troy

Might pay to put your boat details etc in the For Sale section as well.
You should generate some interest there, especially if you can put in some pics !!

Cheers
Spectre

cooky
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
really poplular in the Burdekin where they are made
they certainly are popular in burdekin - that's why Troy should in theory not have much trouble selling (he's from that area - Home Hill).
Friend of mine that has beach house at Cape Upstart rates them very highly (quite a few around the Cape) and I used to go out in his 3.9m Dale (very popular size) regularly - he sold it quite awhile ago, but I definitely buy one of these over a tinny - the ride was excellent and fast little bugger - I noticed a newish one is for sale down the road for around $12k with a 50-65hp Mariner.

They're actually a big 5.3m - I've a friend with a 5.3m (different brand) which seems a lot smaller.

If I hadn't bought mine a few months ago, I'd be seriously looking at Troys. They don't seem to come up for sale much.

troy
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
hi.
cooky
i could have sold my boat dozens of times but blokes here do not want to pay the money.
to build my boat today would be well into the forty thousand mark.
whoever does buy it will be getting a bargain .
regards
troy

NQCairns
07-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Well I now have a new favourite boat! I was completly content not owning any of the current crop of boats until you guys made me notice these!
Hope there is one in my future somewhere sometime, gee they are a nice fishin rig.nq