PDA

View Full Version : yamaha fuel gauge

maccaron
11-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys,
Just picked up my new C.C 625 Explorer with the Yammie 175 HPDI.The boats got a240 litre tank.Put 120 litres in on 1st run.By my maths thats half full but the gauge only read 3 bars just over a quarter .Ran for 2 hours just running in not over 4,000 rpms still reading 1 bar.not very accurate if you are considering going offshore,any ideas would be appreciated.
Great boat,heaps of room.

Thank you Ron.

aido
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
this comes up often.
if your serious about fuel management
get a navman fuel computer

Big_Kev
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
You need a stick.

Heath
11-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Bastard!!!! ;D ;D

Great boats, saw one in the workshop when last at the factory & they a simply fantastic.

Got a C.C 600 Explorer & My fuel gauge is a bit out, but the right way. Fill the sucker up :o :o :o and keep tabs on how much fuel goes in as compared with your fuel gauge. Took us a little while to work ours out. I beleive you can adjust the fuel gauge, but don't know how.

Mr__Bean
12-01-2005, 05:47 AM
G'Day Ron,

On the back of the Yamaha guage there is a rubber bung that when removed gives access to a series of minature switches.

The guage is able to receive fuel tank sender info on 3 different resistance settings (0-75 ohms, 25-100 ohms, 20-80 ohms etc).

It must be set to suit the resistance range of the sender unit installed in the tank.

I kept the piece of card that came with my guage and can dig it out for you if you need it, or you can get the info from any Yammy dealer that has a guage on the shelf, the card is attached to the new guage by a rubber band.

Firstly, you need to ascertain the type of sender unit they installed in the boat, is it a Yammy sender, or did they install a cheapy? Once you know the type you must know the resistance range of the sender.

From this you can set the guage to operate in the correct range.

If the reading is not correct after assuring this, it is a simple matter of unscrewing the sender from the tank, ascertaining the fuel level (best to do it at half a tank), and adjusting the sender unit (2 screws and adjust depth in tank) to suit.

They are never perfect, but should be able to be set to give you a good indication of tank contents.

The underlying problem is that the fuel tank sender is usually installed by the boat manufacturer who is unaware at that stage what brand and type of guage is going to be installed by the dealer, it is a dealer issue.

- Darren

maccaron
12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks Darren,
Just spoke to the dealer today,said that it was set to the appropiate sender.Was aware of the small switches under the rubber gromit at the back of the gauge,tried 1 setting and the gauge read full,so knew that the setting was ok.Probably a matter of getting used to it,like Heath said,fillher up and calculate from there on.Thanks for your support.
Yeah Heath I'm pretty rapt,knew you had the 600 Exp. and all your praise for it.I read your post after you had seen one @ the factory,that was 2 weeks before I recieved mine.
I had the 575 Exp. nice boat but wanted that extra deck space,wow how much extra it has,much more than the outsider,although you loose that cabin space,but then how often do I camp over night? not much down sth here in Geelong.Was looking at the 600 but the 625 came out @ the right time. All the best Ron.

Heath
12-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Heaps of room is an understatement!!!

Could play a game of hockey in there ;D

I'm sure you'll be wrapped with the boat. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

maccaron
12-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Rapped for sure,
can't wait to get it over S.A next month for some offshore action on the snapper & K.G Whiting.
Cheers Ron.
smiley=happy2.gif]

basserman
13-01-2005, 11:28 AM
thats the only bummer with those yamahas

their guages just aren't as good as say a anolog guage or a better fule mangerment system but after a few run you should be getting a ider of for much it uses in diffreent siuations
i just wouldn't be going out the the shelf for a big days trolliong untill you get used to the guage ;D