PDA

View Full Version : New Boat - Quintrex Bowrider 4.8 M

Teza
09-12-2004, 11:38 AM
2 years ago I moved the family from Ayr in North Qld to Orange in Central NSW and sold my little tinnie (3.9 Stacer with 25hp which was a great little creek boat) Oh the memories of barra fishing. Anyway I've finally got severe withdrawl symptoms and convinced my wife that we should by another bigger/better boat (Ha! My plan all along).

I have just ordered for delivery next year a quintrex 4.8 bowrider with a 75 HP 2 stroke Merc. The thoughts were that it would be a dual purpose boat (ski and fishing). What is everyones thoughts the boat type and on 4 stroke over 2 stroke as I went for the 2 stroke because it had more instant power (it was cheaper too).

I already have a 40lb thrust electric motor but I am not sure will push this size boat!
:)

SeaHunt
11-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi Teza,
I bought the previous model in 2002, Freedom Sport 475, basically for the same reason you picked it , bit of an all rounder.
They have changed the layout a fair bit since mine with a completely flat, self draining floor, increased flotation, more rounded pod section on the back and more carpet. Too much carpet if you ask me because you have lost a lot of storage area in the side rails. I set up the front as a casting platform when fishing.
I went for the 60 hp 4 stroke EFI Merc, and am glad I did. Extra Grand and 15 less HP , but worth it, It uses next to no fuel, I can fish all day including 3 hours of trolling on less than a quarter of a tank, quieter and no fumes.
It is probably a little underpowerd for skiing, but can pull one big skier out OK.
I think one of the lighter 70 Hp 4 strokes, like a Suzuki would be ideal.
Stainless steel prop is the go.
I am very happy with mine and take it out in the big stuff . # 8)

coggo
16-01-2005, 02:01 PM
G'DAY TEZA PICKED UP A NEW 480 STACER EASYRIDER IN DECEMBER LAST YEAR ALREADY GOT 42 HOURS ON IT AGREAT FAMILY BOAT ALSO AGREAT SPORT FISHER EQUIPED WITH A 75HP MERC WILL TROLL LURES ALL DAY TOOK IT 10KM OFF SHORE 3 WEEKS AGO DOES ABOUT 40MPH TOP SPEED COULD DO WITH AELECTRIC MOTOR FOR LURE TOSSING YOUVE DONE WELL TALKING THE MISSUS INTO LETTING YOU BUY A NEW TOY GOOD LUCK WITH IT COGGO