PDA

View Full Version : Old Type 3 toggle Fuse Panels Wiring Question

deb
13-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Decided to tidy up the tinny wiring, and found in the shed a old type 3 toggle fuse multi switch box.
Where the fuses are inline, a bar runs across with a screw, guess thats earth.
Each fuse has a little black box with a wire, presumably thats where to plug in the sounder, nav lights, cig lighter.
Question??? Cannot see for life of it, where the positive from the battery gets attached??
Looked at a newer one on the fibreglass and it has really obvious attachment points for the red and black.
This older one is a bit mystifying.
Has anyone got one? or can remember?
Thanks heaps :D

Fishin_Dan
13-01-2005, 05:21 PM
dreamdays - Got one of these myself but a new one. From what I can work out, you dont connect the negative to it at all. You essentially join the positive lead of you sounder, nav lights, cig lighter to the little black lead on teh switch (One to each), and then the positive lead from your battery to the screw on the bar that runs along the other side. Then when you flick the switch, it allows the positive power to to get to the sounder, nav lights, etc. The negative (Earth) is essentially wired straight to the battery.

Hope this helps. If you don't understand my ramblings, give me ayell and I'll try to explain better...

Dan

Heath
13-01-2005, 05:49 PM
The bar you are talking about is where the pos from the battery connects to. The other wires are the pos to the individual equipment. The equip neg either goes to a neg post that wires back to the battery or to the neg of the battery itself.

deb
18-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Thanks guys
ran black to earth, positives to the box, the things to forget!! Tidied everything up.