PDA

View Full Version : Bar Crusher & JBS Marine Center Cab

Heath
26-09-2001, 06:33 PM
Does anyone own or know of anyone who owns a Bar Crusher or JBS MArine Center CAB????

I saw these at the Bris boat show & think they are awsom boats. I just want some honest info about them from owners.

Smithy
28-09-2001, 02:27 PM
I regularly fish out of a mate's 5.5m JBS Classic Cutter called "Timewaster". We have fished it on the shelf twice. Once at the tip of Fraser in a game comp and during the Riviera comp at the Gold Coast, 26Nm offshore in 20knots of NW. The flared bow is no BS. In chop up to the height of the chine it goes through it like a glass boat. Deep-veed Haines's they aren't but as far as my limited experience in plate boats goes they are up there with the top brands. When it gets rough you just have to go slower than glass. Against the Bar Chrusher I would stick with the Qld boat.

Stuart
28-09-2001, 03:25 PM
JBS is in my opinion the true leader in plate alloy. Considering they built the first pressed and plate alloy boats in this country. Most alloy boat builders of today served some time with JBS and you will find some JBS in most plates of today. Wayne is a true gentlmen and will not screw you :). Im getting a 6.8mtr JBS C/C but fully custom built for my needs :D. I have worked on many boats over the years and that includes plate JBS is by far the best. You wont be disappointed in the finnish of the hull or sides including the overall finnish. :) :)

Stuart Mackenzie
Precision Rods

Heath
04-10-2001, 06:56 PM
I regularly fish out of a mate's 5.5m JBS Classic Cutter called "Timewaster". #We have fished it on the shelf twice. #Once at the tip of Fraser in a game comp and during the Riviera comp at the Gold Coast, 26Nm offshore in 20knots of NW. The flared bow is no BS. #In chop up to the height of the chine it goes through it like a glass boat. #Deep-veed Haines's they aren't but as far as my limited experience in plate boats goes they are up there with the top brands. #When it gets rough you just have to go slower than glass. #Against the Bar Chrusher I would stick with the Qld boat.

Smithy,

Have you crossed bars in the boat & if you have how did it handle them, how did the boat go out of the hole shot?? Also has your mate got a 2 stroke or 4 stroke on the back & what size.

Thanks

ba229
17-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Watching the "Boat show" today in the middle of the cricket and they did a story on the bar crusher.

Nice looking boat. :)

Heath
17-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Yes, I saw that too. Also listened to the BS that little dweeb who couldn't act sprouted as well.

" Unlike them fragile fibreglass boats " ....######!

After test driving one, it aint got nuthin on the Cruise Craft ;)

PinHead
17-01-2005, 03:23 PM
" Unlike them fragile fibreglass boats "

I saw that show also Heath..I nearly choked on my beer at that comment. Methinks they urgently need a new scriptwriter.

Spaniard_King
17-01-2005, 04:56 PM
" Unlike them fragile fibreglass boats " ....######!

Cmon guys give the sales ###### a break [smiley=oops.gif]

He's just tryin to get a sale...probably impress all the tinny owners [smiley=behead.gif]

Garry

damons33
18-01-2005, 03:41 AM
it sure wasnt leisure world!
#but the gurly was nice, ppl tell me that glen is a horses hoof!
yeah i reckon so! what with these advert programmes any how .....so much for standards!
#i got a jbs 5.2 cubby and it does all i require and yes i cross the barr, even had it planning its gunnel in a mishap at south passage....maybe its good it was stern heavy. all in all i like my tub.
i would take a look at the kiwi built laser craft if i wanted a new platey as they have the finest entry of any ally boat , they are 5mm "pressed" bottom which is pretty extrordinary.
# cant see why you would change from your rig heath?
# damon

jimbo59
18-01-2005, 08:08 AM
i dont know the bar crusher but if your leaping from wave to wave the joshua built boat has a compromised bottom what i mean is it has a lovely entry and then flatends out at 13 or14 degrees can be hard riding if giving it a bit of stick but dont let this put u off cos at rest is where it comes up trumps

cheers jimbo