PDA

View Full Version : 435 Hornet Trophy Live Well

Sniper
18-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi all. Has anyone out there built a livewell into a 435 Hornet trophy? Just looking for some ideas. Has to be big enough to hold 4 huge Bass (I wish) just incase I enter the Bass comps to learn more. Also want to use it for storage too. Any ideas would be great.
Cheers
Bill
[smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

gif
18-01-2005, 10:37 AM
For the comps you need a minimum of 60 litre insulated # - and nice to be divided (boater non boater).

A Lot of people will need to do mods this year so they have a recirculating system # - as some comps will be drive through.

A few of us are improting a batch of the Flow-Rite systems #at a better rate. # Its the top gear #- very neat and used on Tracker and Ranger #etc. # #Probably save a few $ on the local gear anyway. #

Still #- you can get a basic system for less. # # Let me know how far you want to go and I can make some value suggestions.

Basic system is an esky a bucket and a battery bubbler.# #

At a minimum I would suggest a through hull pump #into an aerator ( not just a spray in) # #A 32m drain and a plug to empty.

You can add to this as you want #-
- auto timer
- recirculate
- pump out #( using the same pump with US remote valves)

hope this helps and does not confuse
Gary

Sniper
19-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Thanks Gary,
At the moment I was going to use the live bait tanks pump and plumbing that comes standard in the Hornet to circulate fresh water into the live well and was going to add another pump to recurculate the water. Want to build the tank in behind the front casting platform and use it to extend the casting platorm. Is there any minimum height restrictions. I can go fairly long and wide just the heights gonna be the bugger. Otherwise I'll have to chop the floor up. WQas hoping to keep it as a removable unit. Thanks again for your help.
Bill
[smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]