PDA

View Full Version : STALLING PROBLEMS WHEN HOT

youngfisho
07-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Just wondering if any mechanically minded fishos have experienced stalling when their motor is hot, in particular with 2 stroke ob's. I have a 99 model 70hp Johnson, which has been water tested and supposedly fixed however the problem remains ??? ???

NQCairns
07-02-2005, 09:46 AM
But when does it stall? after/during trolling? when you chop the throttle? after idleing? etc need some more info make a guess ;D

youngfisho
07-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Once the motor is warmed up and I have travelled around for a bit, say I anchor up for half an hour. then when I go to start up again, putting it into gear it just dies. Then when I check the primer bulb its limp. Pumping up the bulb gets the pressure back up but it doesn't stay pumped up, when say I travel around more and then anchor again. It will low speed troll now that the idle has been adjusted but as far as im concerned a motor shouldn't stall when going from neutral to forward and left to low speed troll

NQCairns
07-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Ok so it only stalls when you have sat for a while and it is not a cold start. You say the bulb is limp at that stage, that suggests either a air leak at one of your connections or the little flap inside the bulb that stops the fuel running back under gravity is stuffed (it happens fairly often and besides an air leak will bleed fuel back even with a good bulb). The mechanic would have used his fuel line to run it at the shop and he found no problem. Try replacing the entire line bulb and connections, it's good to have spares on hand in the boat even if it is not at fault, but I bet your problem lies between the motor and tank.
Good luck nq