PDA

View Full Version : Stessl Bluewater 5.5

Blueby
11-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi All

I have narrowed down my search for a new boat to include this one and am very interested in anyones experience of it re ride, stability, durability etc.

They seem cheaper than your standard plate boat at around $30k with 90hp but there is usually a compromise (no SD deck for starters)

Use is for open bay and offshore.

thanks

billfisher
11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
I think I remember reading some posts on another site about them having a nasty habit of leaning over (chine walking). You could try doing an internet search on the subject.

mako_5.2
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Bluey
We have a 5.2 Mako (cuddy cab version of the Bluewater). We are happy with the Stessl. They are not really a plate boat as such but do have 4mm bottom and 3mm sides. They changed to 4mm bottom in 2003, there are still some 3mm bottom boats around in yards so make sure of what you get. I am sure you can get side decks on them. They do not have the self draining decks that some plate boats get in that size. It is stable at rest and plenty of room out the back for fishing. It is a dry ride but does thump a bit, maybe a bit light. Not sure but I think The chine walking was a problem with the deep vee version with the large sponsons .I don't think they make them like that anymore. I have never had a problem with ours doing it. To me it was good value for money for the size of the boat and fittings. Try giving Stessl a call to clear up any questions on what you can and can't get.