PDA

View Full Version : Another fule question

basserman
13-02-2005, 07:20 AM
i have been haveing some problems with water in my fule of late so it has been decided to pull my tank out and give it a good clean along with a carbie clean and other fule line things

but insteed of wasting the fule i would like to use it if i could but i'm just not sure what colour it should be
the colour i have at the moment is a sort of redish brown colour
is this fule ok or should it be sent into the waste drum???

mako_5.2
13-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Should be light purple if it is unleaded with no oil. Use it in your lawnmower instead

Kerry
13-02-2005, 09:22 AM
If it's premix then the colour would generally follow the oil colour as generally 2S oil is designed to colour fuel so as to differentiate the difference. Straight fuel generally has distinctive colour depending ont he type and the brand?

A redish brown colur really doesn't sound like it real good at all and might tend to be exacty the probem you think your having, water and gunk?

Although old type fuels had a red tinge/tint when left to in fuel lines etc you should be able to check what you have against your normal supply and any difference then it would probably be suspect to use it? However any water should be very obvious, a watery/brown layer on the bottom.

Cheers, Kerry.

#

basserman
13-02-2005, 09:32 AM
60 liters is alot of lawn mowing ;)
yeh it is like a red wine type of look i guess
i'm not going to wack it into the boat again it is haveing all fresh fule and fillters on it
but don't want to waste it
so i was thinking of say 20L each fill up in my car with a 80L tank

Kerry
13-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Doesn't even look like fuel, does it. What is your tanks made from?

Cheers, Kerry.

ba229
13-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeh put it in the car.

basserman
13-02-2005, 11:30 AM
stainless fule tank of 120L
boat is outside all the time but off water

the motor is 2stroke but mixed at the donk
(yet another problem i had this week the blasted oil pump has died)
it is caltex fule and not from their wollworth outlets
umm what else
ohh yeh it all happend in a 2 foot chop in a yet un-named boat :-X ;D

sorry just had to add that one in here for ya kerry LOL

peterreb
13-02-2005, 12:40 PM
What sort of car do you have? I would be ditching that fuel,you would be giving yourself more problems with your car. Water in the fuel can be over come by adding a minimal amount of metho??say 750ml to the 60 Ltr.This has been in another post some time ago?
cheers Peter

basserman
13-02-2005, 12:46 PM
yeh i had already added the 1 liter to the full tank
didn't look like there was any more water in the tank so just the carbies to clean then that should be running sweet
only need to get a new oil pump and hopefuly the oil sensor is ok but will find that out next week when i swap it for one in another boat in my mate boat yard!
AGHHH boating is sooo much fun! ::)
the reson the tank got pulled out and cleaned is i had time and thought if i did it right then i woun't have any problem with the fule for a while to come (thats the plan anyway but we know otherwise) ;D

Volvo
13-02-2005, 01:10 PM
In the car mate, she'll burn er up....
I'm thinking the colour in your Piccie there is due to the camera or is the colour identical to the Pic??...
Ive had fuel come out of the bowzer akin to your interpretation more so than once ey..
Cheers

basserman
13-02-2005, 01:36 PM
yeh was a bit lighter in colour than in the pic and fairly clear(as in no floating stuff in it)

devocean
13-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Poison for the grass works a treat better than any round up u will ever buy.

ba229
13-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Basser, not trying to be a smarty or anything but the word fule is actually spelt fuel.

basserman
13-02-2005, 02:33 PM
yeh i knew it was spelt wrong but first i'm a year nine drop out and second i'm just lasy LOL danm now wheres the whiteout ::)

ba229
13-02-2005, 05:53 PM
You mean "lazy" and "damn" ? lmao sorry mate hahahahahah #;)