PDA

View Full Version : Adding bits and pieces

Fishin_Dan
19-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Started working on the boat this week to try and get it all ready for a run tomorrow!

Had the transducer & speed sensor fitted when I got the motor serviced, as I didn't trust myself to do it! :)

Ran some nice big fat marine cabling from the back right corner through the side up to the drivers area. Fitted battery terminals on one end (at the back) to plug in the new second battery I'm installing. Battery went onto the charger.

Fitted the Legend 2005 Deep sounder unit onto the dash in front of the steering wheel. All ready to be wired up now.

Mounted waterproof switches onto the side panel below the throttle. (This will be wired up later as I don't have the cabin lights, deck lights, etc to install yet).

Mounted the radio on the passenger side just inside the cabin. Ran the wiring across to the drivers side, and wired up to the second battery cabling.

Installed a dash mounted compass onto the dash, and wired up to the Nav lights. I did this as I thought that I would only need the compass lit up at night when under way, which means the Nav lights would be on.... So wired up to that! All works great.

Tidied up all the existing wiring, and took out as many wires that were not doing anything as I could.

Just now need to wire up the sounder, and plug the battery in to test. That should be finished tonight I hope!

I want to in the near future pull out ALL of the wiring, and rewire the whole boat, as the existing wiring is CRAP!, and there are cables going everywhere! That will be a whole nother project altogether!!! Here's some pics of what I've done so far.... <Sorry for the pics, but digi camera's dead, so have to use mobile>

Cheers,
Dan

Fishin_Dan
19-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Radio installed...

Fishin_Dan
19-02-2005, 11:01 AM
And the switches...

Fishin_Dan
19-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Sounder & compass & mobile phone holder mounted on dash...

Fishinmishin
19-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Where's the DVD and wide screen TV fit now? ;D You shouldn't have started as it's addictive to throw more and more gear into the boats. I think I'm up to 13 switches ::). After finishing the floor i'm considering painting the rest now. A $2500 boat originally with $10000 worth of new gear and motor now [smiley=help.gif]. What's that about a mobile phone holder- I think I could still find some room for that :'(.
Cheers, Jay

Fishin_Dan
19-02-2005, 01:05 PM
he he he....