PDA

View Full Version : CAT OR MONO???

youngfisho
28-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Am looking at either a markham 4.9m dominator or a 575 outsider or similar. Any thoughts on which would be the better rig for offshore and bay work. Have read good reports about both, but reckon that twin motors has a better safety aspect.

chemmy
01-03-2005, 04:10 AM
go the outsider much more fishing space they in an 4.9 markham

michael

perko
01-03-2005, 02:34 PM
I am a cat lover and a bit biased. But the outsider will give you more room than the 4.9 and would be a quicker boat when the weather is good. But I know which one I would be in if the weather turned a bit nasty. If you can go for a 5.2-5.5 cat like a dominator, noosa cat, kevlacat, sailfish etc. Boats in that size will kill all monos in ride and stability and will able to give you access to some awsome fishing in safety. Down side is 2 motors to maintain, they cost heaps and are a big rig to tow. Go th cats! Tony.

Spaniard_King
01-03-2005, 02:55 PM
rather than the 575 ousider..have a look at the 600 explorer...much bigger boat for the extra .25m..it'l eat the dominator [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Garry

Kerry
01-03-2005, 04:15 PM
;D There's really no mono under the 6m class that would hold it in any way shape or form with something like even the old 5.2m KevlaCat and that's not being biased :-X that's just simply telling it how it is :D

The 4.9m Dominator ??? never seen one but once cats start to get down in size they do tend to loose some effectiveness in some ways. The difference between a 4.9 and a 5.2 m Cat can be HEAPS.

Cheers, Kerry.

Sportfish_5
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Cant believe the price of those cruise crafts outsiders now :o they have to be jokin.

Agree with Kerry - there is no mono that would compete. I read the story on the Markham 4.9 and it looks impressive. Ive seen a few coastal cats around lately and they look OK too with a couple of 60 yammie EFI 4 stks. I think they are made in Caloundra ???

Cheers

Greg

perko
02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Greg, you would be running into the Mooloolaba mackeral pros at Flinders lately in the coastal cats? Maybe a couple of white 5.8m and 2 big blue 7m. Spainards have been pretty quiet of the sunny coast lately and they have been working that area a bit. Tony

Extradry
02-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Also have a look at the webster cats not a bad boat at all and the prices are attractive as well. Only one motor required!!!!. My mate has the 4.65 centre con you get a little wet but there is no where we ain't been yet.