PDA

View Full Version : Transducers on bowmounts

scott_b
27-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Gday
Can anyone help my out with the best way to mount a transducer on a Minnkota bowmount . Don't have problem mounting the transducer but the cable is going to be a pain in the dot with the gripglide when putting the motor up.
Thanks wamjam.

basserman
27-02-2005, 04:21 PM
might need to run it thought some nice small conjut(spelling ???) and just tape that onto it so the cable won't get piched
and as you proble know either cable tie or buy the trunducer mounting kit ;D

Dexterity
28-02-2005, 04:28 PM
wamjam,

I have the same setup on my boat and what i did was this. From the motor housing ( the part that goes on the water) I measured the length of the transducer cable that I was comfortable with that would enable the motor to turn without stretching the cable , I then ran the cable behind the plastic cowling that is screwed to the side of the top mount. I ran the cable from the front to the the back of the cowling. You might have to notch where the cable comes in and out. The cable is neatly hidden behind the cowling. From there you can either run the cable straight to your sounder, or for a cleaner finished run it thru your gunnel and out from under your floor or sidedecks. When i lift my motor to its stored position it is always stored in the exact same way. I also covered the cable with some black plastic split for added protection. When done the only lenght of cable you will see is the length between the motor and top mount. Good luck.

Dex

scott_b
01-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks Dexter
Sound similar to what I had in mind ,slack cable doesn't worry you when pulling the motor into the locking position. I was going to make a stainless clamp to put the tranducer under the motor between the prop and the skeg does this sound feasible.
Thanks wamjam

Dexterity
01-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Wamjam,
The slack line has never been a problem, only use the lenght that you need. Mine just dangles in the air when I'm on the move. To clamp the Transducer I used a very large stainless steel hose clamp. Good luck.

Dex

scott_b
02-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks Dex
Sounds like a good thing. My new sounder arrived today so I can start playing with putting the old one on the bow.
Thanks for help wamjam

Jethro
03-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Minn Kota make a mounting bracket. See picture attached.

Probably pretty easy to copy but I'm just lazy. Only costs around $50

Jethro
03-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Minn Kota make a mounting bracket. See picture attached.

Probably pretty easy to copy but I'm just lazy. Only costs around $50

scott_b
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks Jethro
I'm a bit of a tight ass so this pic should help.
Thanks again wamjam