PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this boat?

Render
05-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Just wondering what your opinions & comments would be about this boat:

SeaHunt
05-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Is that a Tohatsu on the back?

Render
05-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Nah, Ev 90

ba229
05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
It looks really really good. Happy? ::)

deb
05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
If thats a 80's ev 90 sitting on a dual axle, there must be some weight there,hope the transom is bolted on really well :o

Sportfish_5
05-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Right colour for a POM ::) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Spaniard_King
05-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Y I K E S !

looks like trouble to me

Garry

boatboy50
05-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey,

Im with Garry!

Thats a very unusually shaped pod. Why such a shape?

Regards
Darren

Render
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Y I K E S !

looks like trouble to me

Garry

Why's that Garry?

I got no clue why it's like that, but it sure planes sweetly and goes like dung off a digging implement.

R

James_V17L
05-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Render,
I am not sure what you want everyone to say..obviously its very hard to judge a boat by a picture...but my gut feeling would be..stay clear..
Not sure if its an optical illusion,but the outboard looks a little high?

Render
05-03-2005, 02:10 PM
James,

I'm getting what I wanted. Opinions on it.

The outboard does look high, granted. But the way it sits up and screams forward is incredible.

This is why I put this post up. I'm puzzled by the pod and I just cannot work out why the hell it performs the way it does. Maybe whoever set it up knew something we don't??

R

dnej
05-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Is that a savage Pacific?
David

Render
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Novacraft on a Vickers trailer

Anyone hazard a $$ value on it?

Gracias,

R

Boxhead
05-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Are you going offshore?

blaze
05-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi Render
Yep you will have some knockers who dont like it, only you will be able to tell what its like, certainly test it in a following sea. Interesting design on the pod, dont think the outboard is too high but, gotto remember that the water rises as it goes past the planing surface of the hull, as the pod is not an extension of the hull and looks to be at least 600 mm to the rear of the transom I would think its about right. Give it a good old test, trim the motor about half way and get your 120kg mate to bounce on the outboard and look for movement in the transom, if it all falls on the ground in a heap, it wasnt built properly
cheers
blaze

Render
05-03-2005, 03:46 PM
rofl, Blaze

Been there done that with my full 18 stone weight. It didn't even vibrate, mate (which rhymes, eh!)

I ain't going offshore.

There's bloody sharks out there and the Tweed bar is evil incarnate. Nix mit der offenschore fur ich!

Basically, I'm thinking of selling it on. Just thinking, mind, 'cause that boat is one awesome performer. I have embarrassed ski boats in it and it power-turns on a circle the size of something that isn't very big at all.

However, the Guvnor has decided that if I want to get another boat, the others (yep, plural!) must go. So, I wanted to find out what was up with that pod and also get some ideas of how many $$s to put on it if / when it goes.

Women, eh? Can't live with em, can't hide the remains in a shallow grave under the patio.

R

NQCairns
05-03-2005, 04:24 PM
That's my kind of boat, love the flared bow, it will get you home in style if it blows up bad, better than a whole bunch of the modern hulls out there.
I would guess it is the Savage Marlin hull also (regardless of badging).
That pod is a setback pod, every foot of reach the leg has from the transom equates to around 1 inch higher in engine height, great for performance. It was probably an inboard when new.
That outboard might actually be a 70s something and as a 90 is a bit underpowered, 175hp would be a good size.
Have you bought it yet! if not I will hazard a guess at what I think it is worth - to me at least. nq

James_V17L
05-03-2005, 05:35 PM
James,

I'm getting what I wanted. Opinions on it.

The outboard does look high, granted. But the way it sits up and screams forward is incredible.

This is why I put this post up. I'm puzzled by the pod and I just cannot work out why the hell it performs the way it does. Maybe whoever set it up knew something we don't??

R
Maybe if you posted the reason for your question at the start you might get the opinions more pertaining to what your asking instead of the guessing game..
Good luck & take care..James

Big_unit
05-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Novacraft on a Vickers trailer

Anyone hazard a $$ value on it?

Gracias,

R

Somewhere between $8000 & $10000 from a buyers perspective. Its different, so before I bought it you would have to give me a real good line on why its built like that & just how sturdy it is. There you go I gave an answer so tell me, How much is on it ?

Cheers
James.

chemmy
05-03-2005, 06:34 PM
i have to agree with boxhead and alot of other people that pot loks raly weird, but if it works then it all good ;D

reScuE_RanGEr
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey,

Just gonna add my 2c! I have been known to buy the odd dunger in the past, so dont take this personal. To me that boat would be worth 5-6K. Unfortunately it isn't a known brand, the 90 evinrude looks like an early to mid 80's model and it has a really unusual pod set up. To get top dollar on boats of this vintage, I think things need to be fairly standard and a well known brand certainly helps. I personally dont have a prob with the age of the engine, but an older engine never helps when selling.

Anyway, just my humble opinion.

Steve

adriancorrea
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Render if you wait for two weeks till Snappa gets back Im sure hell offer less than its worth lol :D ;)
The question is what you asking for it?

Tight Lines
Adrian

Render
06-03-2005, 06:51 PM
$125,000 or so.

Bit of room for negotiation and that ;D

Seriously, I dunno.

Whatever someone wants to pay for it, I guess. It's a capitalist world, eh.

Cheers,

R