PDA

View Full Version : De Havilland Boats

hicksy
05-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have any history on these boats? I own a 5.7 metre half cabin and would like to know a little more about it.

billfisher
06-03-2005, 02:53 AM
They were quite popular in the 60s and 70s. They had a unique welded and riveted construction. The rivets can tend to leak though. I think you would have the Trojan model. I think this has the record of the hardest riding boat ever made. The extra weight of the cabin would help a bit though compared to the runabout model.

hicksy
06-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Do you know of any websites about them?

billfisher
06-03-2005, 09:37 AM
The web didn't exist at the time they stopped making them. You could do a google search and you might find some references to them, eg in forums like this.

Kendall
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi there.
I was also in the hunt for information about DeHavilland boats, as I have a 4.3m center concole (I think it has had a few modifications since it was built).
Mine was built in 77'
I have searched the web and found nothing about them.
If you do find something I would like to see it as well.

jimbob
11-03-2005, 03:55 AM
See if you can get your hands on Jeff Websters Second Hand Boat Buying Guide I know you can get them at big paper shops. I have all three & Im sure one of them have something about the trojan & the smaller modle but its a runabout not a Centre Console. I have a 4.5 De Hav Centre Console & I was quite surprised on how dry it was considering the low sides. I would love to have bought one from brand new.
Cheers Jamie

hicksy
13-03-2005, 04:39 AM
Cheers Jamie.
It would be good to get some history on the old girl.