PDA

View Full Version : fisher 450 cc - anyone got one?

Benny
23-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Want feedback from ppl who have a Fisher 450 centre console. What would u change if anything e.g. power, setout etc

Black_Rat
23-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Not a C/C but it's in the size your looking at ;)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Boats;action=display;num=1104832008 ;start=0#0

dfox
23-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Ben-my cousin has a 4.5 fisher, ive been out in it a fair bit so can coment on its performance. For its given length its a real performer ,very safe and has no bad habits. As with most plate boats getting the ballance and power correct is important. This boat is powered by a 75hp cv yammy. To get the best out of it required a stingray, prior to fitting it the boat tended to ride nose high and couldnt plane at low enough speeds.Having a reasonably deep v means it does require plenty of horsepower and if anything id tend to go larger, 80-90hp should be heaps.It will carry a 4 stroke but it may require a foil. This boat now performs almost perfect, even with three adults its safe enough to venture well offshore. The ride is far superior to "any" pressed tinnie of simular and in many cases larger size. The finish in this boat is very average, but from what i can see the new ones have improved.
As for do's and dont's its really up to you what layout and fittings best suit your needs
I dont think you could go wrong with one of these boats ben, just keep the fuel tank well forward and put on a 80hp, should do around 30 plus knots...foxy

a few pics

dfox
23-03-2005, 01:03 PM
ps it does catch fish!!