PDA

View Full Version : LED TRAILER LIGHTS

INDULGENCE
24-03-2005, 10:43 AM
HI GUYS
Has anybody got any feedback on led trailer lights.
My trailer is up for rego inspection and the trailer guy suggests we use them. The trailer is 7m dual axle and the lights get wet when launching and retreival,The trailer guy says the truckies love them. I asked him for a more reliable light fitting than the ones that use the bubble technique as I find vibration effects the fittings inside this type when travelling distances.Now that we have found the bluewater in NQ my deckie wants to be there at every opportunity, so I dont mind the extra money if they are better.

Wally

walruss
24-03-2005, 12:45 PM
There are a variety of LED lights around. Some are made by Hella but are expensive. You can get some via imports that are cheap, waterproof and work well. I did stop, turn and clearance lights for about $85

Russ

simonfish
24-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi, I had LED lights put on a trailer I had about 18months ago. they weren't that expensive, I think $35 per side for brake/indicator and another $30 for the white license plate light, so all up around $90-$100

I fully submerge them and no problems what so ever.

I recommend them, as the 'fully submersible' lights that were on the brand new trailer I bought lasted all of 3months, then they corroded out.

don't know the brand, etc. but just went to a local auto electrical place that did trailers (box, boat, etc.) and they had them and put them on no worries.

cheers,

Simon

basserman
24-03-2005, 01:25 PM
simple answer
get them
thay are the best (even the cheaper ones) i never need worrie about lights or anything anymore just hitch up and off we go ;D

bungie
24-03-2005, 01:50 PM
See Bassermans answer, love mine

ANYFISH
24-03-2005, 02:14 PM
where are these cheap led's sold?
sounds like i need some also.

cheers anyfish

basserman
24-03-2005, 02:31 PM
was a link up awhile ago about them on ebay

INDULGENCE
25-03-2005, 03:07 AM
thanks Guys
The price fitted will be $160.00 including steel protection surrounds.
I will go ahead sounds like there a good thing.

Wally

bungie
25-03-2005, 02:27 PM
indulgence.

From were and what do you get for it ?