PDA

View Full Version : haines signature or southwind

sax
27-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Which would be your preferred boat?

iank
28-03-2005, 03:47 AM
must admit I like the southwind, but I can't comment on the haines as I have never been on one, but they do have a great rep.
Cheers Ian

boatboy50
28-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey,
See my reply in your other southwind post.
Ive also owned a Signature 575F, and the SF20 leaves it for dead in every way. Go the Southwind with good power, and you wont want another boat again. Still one of my favourites. Ahh, the memories!
The Southwinds are highly sought after also and sell quickly when available, so be quick.
What model are you looking at between both brands, and what money are they asking?
Regards
Darren

James_V17L
29-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Both makes are quality products...I guess it depends on what models you are comparing & what the intended usage is..
A mate has a SR17..I have a V17L..Both are good performers
with the SR17 being a bit "flasher"..I would like to own either..

reeldreamer
30-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I currently own a signature 600F with a 175 optimax on the back, i was lead to believe when buying a boat that signature was the pinnacle of trailable boats! Having had the boat for 2 years there are certinly a lot of floors in the interior design of the boat, storage space for things like phones and sunnies stuff like that. The hull design is great one of the fastest planning hulls around but lacks stability and laterial trim at speed so i have have recently fitted trim tabs to eliminate this problem. I can't comment on the southwind but it depends on what you really want to do in the boat? I would certainly consider the crusie craft 6.25 explorer or the Seafarer 6m Vengance both great fishing boats and extremely well finished with great attention to detail where the signiture falls down! Either way look at the dealer as closely as you look at the boat because after the deal is done the back up service is what is most important!

billfisher
30-03-2005, 03:42 AM
I heard Southwind had some quality problems in the 1990's, due to insufficent quantity of resin in the layup. I would look for any signs of flexing in the hull or repairs which might not be adequate.