PDA

View Full Version : Stretchy Rope

deb
30-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Quite a while back a product came out, that was like a stretchy rope for want of a better description, it was for tying your boat to the shore and somehow it would let the boat go out & back with the tide.
Asked for it today at the dealer who is servicing the outboard this week, they can remember it, but cannot place it.
Has anyone got it? If so, whats it called and does it work?

After watching numerous fibreglasses get moved in and out with back anchors, left high and dry tipped on side.
Easter is the best time to see some funny things :D

dugong
30-03-2005, 04:05 PM
yes i do remember seeing add for it but don't remember the name, the pics they had explaining how it worked were, stretch rope on the bow anchor, drop and set bow anchor, back up to beach stretching the bow anchor rope, set the beach anchor and then feed the rope from the beach anchor out and tie off to the stern of the boat. stretch bow rope will pull boat out, hopefully far enough to stay in deep water, when you want to get the boat in you just pull on the beach (stern) anchor rope and pull the boat in.
dunno if it is any good, maybe someone has tried it?
and yes holidays can provide quite a bit of entertainment but never seem to have the camera when something funny happens
cheers

Big_Muddie
30-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Dreamdays,

I posted in the following thread about the "Anchor Buddy".

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=General_Camping_Chat;action=display ;num=1073626972;start=0

I'm still using it some 4 years after I bought it - only additional cost has been a replacement snaphook for attaching to the towing eye.

The mates I mention in the post also still use it and wouldn't go back to any other means of secure anchoring.

There was another method described on here recently that looked pretty good - I have'nt tried it yet, mainly because what I have now works so well.

If you are around the Pin (I stay at the huts near Slipping Sands) and see my boat, call in and I'll give you a demo. I'll be there from Thursday 7 April to Monday 11 April.