PDA

View Full Version : CC Explorer 500

Jusel
02-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Hi all,

Have been looking around for a boat for a while and have found a Cruise Craft Explorer 500 with a 100hp yamaha 4 stroke. Have test run the boat and was suitably impressed although I am a little concerned that it may be too small for offshore work that I am intending to do (off Gladstone and 1770 etc) as I was after a 5.5m boat. I was hoping to get some feedback on the boat if any one owns one and some idea as to where they take it.

Thanks in Advance

banshee
02-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I find the 500 to be a very capable boat,Ive had mine out to Lamont a few times from Turkey the worst conditions would have been in January with the tail of that cyclone hanging around conditions started off at 10 to 15 pre dawn then kicked on to about 20 from the north,coped a bit of spray and it thumped a bit on the way home but the boat is very sure footed,performance following,into and across the sea is excellent,you would have to do something prety stupid to make one of these broach.They are also an extremely stable fishing platform with two large people on the side of mine with deck winches you can hardly notice any lurch at all.In my local area(Nth NSW) if I can't get out there are alot of other bigger boats siting it out as well.

CQ_Fisher
02-04-2005, 07:21 PM
G'day Jusel,
Good to see another local CQ ausfish member. I have a 4.7M Tinnie and also do a fair bit of fishing out of a mates 5.5M CC Explorer. Cant fault the 5.5 Explorer, we've been in some dodgey conditions and it handles it with no problems. It isnt always as comfortable as u would like but as far as safety goes there are no problems at all. I havent been in a 5M Explorer, so cant comment too much on it but i guess it just depends on what you intend on doing with it and what kind of conditions you would be prepared to venture out in. Obviously CQ weather only provides us with limited "glassed out" conditions each year so if your prepared to keep waiting that bit longer for the right boat maybe something slighty bigger as you were hoping for might just come along. I guess the decision is really up to you mate, but make sure of your decision as there would be nothing worse than buying a boat to soon realise it does not meet the requirements that you had. The 4 stroke is definately the way to go. I probably havnt been too much help but ive enjoyed listening to myself ramble on ;D

Cheers
JD

Cheers
JD