PDA

View Full Version : boat covers

faulky
02-04-2005, 05:39 PM
hey guys

i have a 12ft clark tinny and have just brought a boat cover for it .

im planing on heading to the coast soon to do some saltwater fishing .
[smiley=help.gif]
now with the questions
can you tow with the cover on the boat ? and how do you tie the cover to the trailer etc so i wont blow of ?

when you go on a trip where do you keep your fishing gear ? do you leave it in the boat or do you keep it in the car /
ther is some things that i cant keep in the car such as ores etc how do i secure them from theives

cheers faulky
[smiley=laola.gif]

p.s any pics with you boat and covers would be great

mini696
03-04-2005, 06:48 AM
This is mine.

There are shocky straps holding it down at every handrail (they attach to holes drilled in the spray rail), as well as elastic around the bow.

It doesnt keep everything out when it is parked up. But on the highway it doesnt get any dirt or water in at all.

The air gets under it a bit, but not enough to lift it or create any extra drag.

Mick

dugong
03-04-2005, 07:24 AM
i had a custom cover made for my quinnie, worked really well at keeping all the leaves and dust out of it but was a pain when it rained water would pool, had to have the bow skye high.
towed it all over the place no probs with it staying on at all, the cover had a draw string sown in around the edge, pull it over, edge with draw string would sit under the gunnel, just tighten draw string at the stern, too easy.
sorry i don't have a better pic as i have sold that boat.

bungie
03-04-2005, 04:16 PM
dugong

what did it cost to have the cover made ?

dugong
03-04-2005, 05:04 PM
;D mate it was a freebe, long story ::) dealer was a decent bloke he payed for the cover, it cost him around $600.
cheers

Spaniard_King
04-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Full custom cover $800, boat is a 19ft Haines Hunter.

When towing with the cover you have to have it so no wind can get under the cover. Once it does the cover will eventually rip appart. a couple of pics 4 ya

Garry

Spaniard_King
04-04-2005, 04:10 AM
back end

Monza
04-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Nice cover Gary, can you show how they fitted the cover around the rocket launcher base? - I'm looking to get a similar cover for my boat.

Spaniard_King
04-04-2005, 05:19 AM
Monza, When i put the cover back on the boat this afternoon I will get a good pic 4 you. What size boat have you got??

Garry

Bashir
04-04-2005, 07:42 AM
That's a bargain at $800 :o

Spaniard_King
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Monza, a couple of pics I promissed ya

The center flap is velcroed down

Garry

Spaniard_King
04-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Last one

Monza
04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks Garry - very neat !

Kiktz
05-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Gary,

Who made the cover up for you, Looks like they have done a great job of it???

Cheers Aj

cooky
05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Gary - is that cover completely waterproof? how long does it take to put on? I'm assuming you leave your boat outside and it's protected it well?

I'm using one of those $200 boat covers (sim to car cover) for mine and it gets the boat so sh*t looking as it seems to encourage dirt and then water seeps through and covers everything with grime. It musn't be very UV protectant either as my fibreglass is going to the poo.

I'm very interested in getting one like yours made

Spaniard_King
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
The COver is made from a fabric Known as Sunbrela, it is completely waterproof and breathes as well (don't ask me how it does this ::))

My cover is on the boat whenever I am not fishing and has no signs of deteriation other than a little colour fade, the cover is 2 1/2 years old.

It was manufactured at the Haines Hunter Factory by their inhouse Trimmer. it's been definately worth the $$ as I recon I will recoup the $$ on resale.

cheers

Garry

Spaniard_King
05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
oops...stuff up