PDA

View Full Version : Converting a half cabin to a bowrider.

nutgunaspu
28-03-2005, 05:14 AM
I was wondering if anyone has converted a half cabin to a bowrider and whether it turned out OK?

blaze
28-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi Spu or nutguna
welcome to the site,
the mods could be done easly enough, dont know why you would.
If you decide to start asking question and people will help. If you have not glassed before the first things ya need is
disposable overall
hi quality breathing mask
safety specs
cheers
blaze

Cheech
28-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi spu. Welcome to the site. Sorry cannot help. I have a half cab glass and thought the same thing as Blaze as to why would you.

But,,,, That was not your question. Your reasons for considering it are your own. I do not recall anyone posting anything like this in the last couple of years. But there are a few guys that have done some serious glass mods recently so they may be able to offer advice.

Cheech

cyclone
05-04-2005, 06:34 AM
spu just did a semi bowrider conversion in a glass cyclone side console I made a mould of the seat arangement I wanted and the finished product is bolted in place. In your case after you cut off the cab you could glass the bowrider section to the original hull. If your happy with a flowcoat finish you could make the seat bases out of ply and glass over or better still foam and make esky's out of them. It won't be cheap but very satisfying. FGI fiberglass were very hepful with my project cost materials ect.

good luck building your convertable.

Ps enclosed a couple of photo's of my mould and finished product less cushions.

cyclone
05-04-2005, 06:41 AM
heres the mould

cyclone
05-04-2005, 06:43 AM
oops! #

NQCairns
05-04-2005, 07:56 AM
WOW!!!
CYCLONE 10/10, WHAT A SPANKIN JOB!!!!!

familyman
05-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Somebody has been doing his homework!!! :o

cyclone
05-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I learn't everything I know from your posts NQ. Put a horn on a jellyfish wouldn't it! even if I do say so myself.

blaze
05-04-2005, 04:28 PM
job well done
cheers
blaze

NQCairns
06-04-2005, 10:02 AM
There you go, hope i did help just a bit. I knew this sited needed a legit project forum.
If I can do half the job you can I will be happy. What are you doing raising the project bar that high!!!
Any help from cyclone colour matching the white? can you spot where you feathered in new flowcoat into the original gelcoat?. cheers

cyclone
07-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Nq in a word no my project is a seperate unit from the orininal hull. where it looks like it joins it's actually bolted, bolts hidden under the seat. Also I knew the brand of gellcoat used by the boat builder originally. My advise is if you can't get it just right it's sometimes best to put a definite break between the two colors to cover the fethered area hide it in other words. Or better still smear it in fish guts and don't wash it then no one will tell.