PDA

View Full Version : Top product for faded fibre glass

MulletMan
07-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Like everybody else I guess I have always looked for an easy to apply product that makes your boat look like new again. From polishes, waxes and all the other stuff on the market I finally picked up this one at least years boat show (yeh, long time ago I know). It is truly a magic product and good value for $100.00. It is not meant for shiny fibre glass and like most polishes, it is only as good as the preparation effort you put into it that produces the end result. The two step application requires the entire surface to be vigouresly cleaned back using the PoliPrep solution suitably watered down at 3:1. I used 2000 grade wet 'n dry that tripled the time to do it but it has to be remembered that what you see on the glass in terms of marks is what will be there forever once you apply the seal!! Best get it off in the first place. Once you have all the marks off then the easy bit is to apply the PoiliGlow with the provided applicators - seven coats required - and you have a new boat again! It forms a murderously tough finish and washes and cleans easily. Runs have to be watched very closed but by and large it is pretty simple to apply. If you do get a big blob or run mark, then the PoliWash removes it and you start again with the PoliGlow. It still requires looking after and providing you do this, you can slap on another coat down the track if it starts to fade. I quick browse on the Internet will confirm that this American made product gets rave reports from all quarters of the industries where fibre glass is used. Great stuff!

Cheech
07-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Sounds great. I have spent a heap of time on my boat bringing it back up to a good finish. Have you had any adverse effects? Such as, it is a process that after you have done it once, you are trapped in to keep touching it up or it will end up worse than you started.

I now have a very good clean (no marks) surface all over. But is only the top that is a bit dull. The sides are very shiny.

Do you think it will change the colour much?

Cheech

cooky
08-04-2005, 04:41 AM
i'm the same - I've been trying a 3M product and while good, it seems to lose finish fairly quickly in harsh sun (boat stored outside). My topsides have gone a bit powdery even though boat only 4 years old. Wonder if I can get this product up north (townsville)?

I just want something that has better UV protection

NQCairns
10-04-2005, 08:18 AM
That poly glow sounds good, another one the does the job well after a few easy on applications is Nufinish. It works a treat on the cars also.
Been polishing with it for many years now without checking anything else out in the meantime so it my only be an average polish for this day and age?

walruss
10-04-2005, 01:22 PM
You can get Poliglow from PCM Distributors in Vic. They are in Cheltenham.

skippa
12-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Another good product is Solvex. #

Bought it from the boat show a couple of years ago. Local product, comes from Tweed. Good on Fibreglass, paint, crome, ss, even glass.

I only need to reapply once a year.

Cheers,
Tony # 8)
PS I'm not connected with this product, it just works for me.