PDA

View Full Version : My new Cheese Cutting Board

madman1
12-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Sent the boat in for a few additions a week or so ago and this is what I got.

It looks impressive, now all I have to do is catch some bloody fish to pay for it.

I also got a live bait tank but that is not finished yet.

Cheers

Madman1

Pics to follow

madman1
12-04-2005, 08:30 AM
another view

madman1
12-04-2005, 08:31 AM
and another

Hutcho
12-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Looks great.

How much did that set you back may I ask?

chevin
12-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Just be careful when you are raising your motor for recovery. I have the same hull but a bifferent cutting board and motor, but I have discovered that the top of the motor can hit the underside of the board, and if you go too far, it will modify the whole unit.

madman1
12-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the tip Chevin, I never really thought about it to be honest. I will check it out next time I hit the water.

Cheers

Lucky_Phill
12-04-2005, 04:12 PM
That's exactly the same as fitted to ReBait.

trouble with the board, is that it's very hard to fillet fish. ( read:- fillet Bonito for bait. ), but that front bar, does keep the juices from entering the " fighting " pit.

What I think should have happened, is that the rear 2 rod holders could have been mounted at an outside angle. you know about 45 degrees.

Nice addition,

Cheers Phill

chevin
12-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, so many have that piece at the front. I am fortunate, mine doesn't so I can get my knife flat on the board. It's a bit rough and ready, but extremely practical.

Hutcho
13-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Does anyone have any 'drainage' hole for blood and guts on their boards? eg like a hose running underneath from the board into the motor well or straight into the water? Also, i note the board in the above pic looks laminated - does anyone have a "real" chopping board on theirs for grip and a more stable cutting surface? I'm hoping to have a look at the tinnie show coming up soon for some ideas to mount one on my boat.

Cheers,
hutcho

cooky
13-04-2005, 08:02 AM
I've got one of those bermuda type bait boards as you can see in picture - although I've just noticed my deckie clipped it together incorrectly. I have recently drilled a couple of holes in the trays to drain blood, water, etc - but the hose idea is a good one.

madman1
13-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Mine has the drain hole on the back left corner. I haven't had time to connect some hose yet. The board itself is the same stuff you use in the kitchen.

chevin
13-04-2005, 11:08 AM
I have drain holes at the back of mine but they only allow the stuff to drop into the transom. However, I have a bilge pump with some hose attached strapped to the end of a pole and a cigarette lighter plug to supply the power. Before coming in, I can hold the pump over the side of the boat and rinse the board and transom down. It is also useful for changing the water on a live bait bucket.

madman1
13-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Good thinking!

Can you buy those bilge pumps already connected to a cigarette lighter connection?

Lucky_Phill
13-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Hang that, for a " FEW" bucks you can getu the
deck wash system, with 70psi pump and nozzle.

Ours has no hose connected to the " Cheese Board ", I don't mind the blood and guts running into the transom area, as it will wash out naturally anyway

Phill

chevin
13-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I just used the cigarette lighter plug off some old lamp that I had and I fitted two sockets to my dashboard. However, the deckwash system that Lucky_Phill mentions sounds as though it might be better. The bilge pump doesn't have a great head pressure. Do you attach the pump to the outside of the boat Phill?

magicpudding
13-04-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure how others have rigged their deckwash, but ours consists of a scoop mounted at the bottom of the trandsome, port side, , sealed entry through the hull ABOVE THE WATER LINE, which then leads to a shurflow high pressure pump on the inside of the trandsome. It works a treat, and an awesome addition was one of those coily hoses you see at boat shows.

CJ

Bowser
13-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Have a look at the Seaquip site for some ideas. I had them put my centre console, collapsable T-Bar, engine well and bait board in. The work was first quality and the boat is so much better with it. Good height to work at, no more sore back from bending to work or guts all over the boat. There bait board does not have the front bar so is easier for filiiting as you can get flat against the board it need be without stuffing your knife. I put a couple of blobs of silicone on the front edges to stop the splosh and allow the water to drain out of the hole and down the tubes. Works fine.

http://www.seaquip.com.au/