PDA

View Full Version : Attn..Haines V17 Owners..

James_V17L
09-04-2005, 03:18 PM
After chatting to Brejen & a couples of other V17L owners I reakon it would be cool to organise a get together & run out into Moreton Bay one weekend..It would be awesome to see a group of V17's haulin across the bay..what do you reakon Skippa?..If anyone is interested PM me..or if you know someone who has a V17 & doesnt frequent this forum could you please let them know...thanks

Brejen
09-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Sounds the goods James. I'll be there. Great boats, great day, great company, it what it's all about. Bring it on.
Brett

Big_unit
09-04-2005, 04:53 PM
What about me & me lil Piranha... its fibreglass at least.

Nah I couldnt keep up.

Cheers
James.

James_V17L
09-04-2005, 05:01 PM
U gotta tow rope Big..? ;)

Big_unit
09-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah but I would lurve to deckie for one of you guys if thats possible ??? you say jump, I say how high, well almost. However I do have digi vid cam that could be useful for recording this event.

Cheers
Big Deckie.

Brejen
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
James Big_unit for sure your seats booked will let you know when. I asked the wife to make sure she didn't want to come and she said "No you just go play boat". Bloody rippa. ;D ;D ;D

Big_unit
09-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Schweet. Have you still got my mobile number ?

Cheers
James.

Brejen
09-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah mate still got it. Have it in the phone never to be lost.

What about anyone else. come on!!!

skippa
10-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Yep,

Sounds like a good day out. Maybe a trip to Tangas or Amity. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Tony 8)

Spaniard_King
10-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Why just Haines 17's , makle it all Haines that can handle the trip :)

Garry

James_V17L
10-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Hell yeah Garry..why not...You will have to give us a head start though ;D...Sounds like a plan.

Lucky_Phill
10-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Was that you Tony, I saw ' haulin' past Tangas last year at 4,807kph ?

Sure looked like ya boat !

Phill

Hagar
10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Good one James - wouldn't mind a tag along trip on the bay as it's not my local . Worth the trip up from the goldie I reckon .

Chris

James_V17L
10-04-2005, 05:20 PM
I was hoping you would be keen Chris...
I will keep everyone posted..I suppose we just
pick a day & everything else will have to be worked
around it..Cheers guys..

Big_Kev
10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Can the little brother come along, the V16?

Brejen
10-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Sound like a plan comin together. Chris surely you and i aren't the only ones from the Goldie keen for this.
Reel hard as the truckies say "come along".
What about the parents to these boats where are they?
More the merrier I say. Don't be shy

skippa
11-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Well,

If whittley can have a club, why can't the Ausfish Haines owners have a club? I agree more the merrier.

Phill,

Most likely, not many Bright Yellow Haines around Bris. Tangas not a regular fishing destination for me (mainly snorkeling with the kids), so normally like to give her 'a bit of stick' along the inside of Moreton Is if I'm on my own (maybe thats why I only get a Mile per Litre)

James,

Great idea keep us posted, I'm up for a Moreton or Straddie trip, may even have a spare seat depending on which weekend/day we go.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

James_V17L
11-04-2005, 06:49 AM
I am gunna change my nick to "Big Kev"..cause.."I'M EXCITED"
LMAO..Keep the posts coming.

2DKnBJ
11-04-2005, 08:53 AM
James
Wouldn't mind tagging along on this one.Only just starting to check the more open waters of the bay out. Couldn't do that in the 12 footer!!Be great to head out with a few of you guys that know the area.robably drag my parents along in their Haines SLC.I have a V 17R with a 115 evinrude how much fuel would you need for the day roughly.

Cheers Dazza

Big_unit
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa, The Ausfish Cowboys are goin on a road trip.
I cant wait, how many sleeps to go ?
[smiley=laola.gif][smiley=laola.gif][smiley=laola.gif]

Cheers
James.

skippa
11-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Dazza,

Depends how thirsty the 'ol Rude is. Usually we leave from Manly when going to Tangas. My Haines is simular to yours and the Yammie will drink around 50 53 litres for the trip including a bit of running around.

On ave mine will use 1 lt per mile.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

Big_Kev
11-04-2005, 02:15 PM
I am gunna change my nick to "Big Kev"..cause.."I'M EXCITED"
LMAO..Keep the posts coming.

Well I'm so excited I am lucky Big Kev make's a stain remover.

Cheers Kev.

2DKnBJ
11-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Skippa
Thanks for that mate.Will take extra along anyhow.Just in case!!
Dazza

Brejen
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Looking forward to checking out all these top boats. s'pose the next thing is WHEN and WHERE. Are we all going to meet at the same ramp or at a arranged point? Weather still showing Crappy for the next week. Rather the good weather. I have only been thru the Bay to Tangalooma twice, usually put in at Pinkinbar ( think) at the river mouth near the big B.P. Is there a better ramp? Less run! What's the one at Manly sounds closer, Is it. Who uses what ramp. Coming up the M1 from the Gold Coast. Thanks
Brett

James_V17L
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Yep..I reakon Manly's the go..prolly a Sunday..I think within the next 3-4 weeks..sooner the better..What about SUNDAY THE 1ST MAY (Labour day weekend)??
I gotta say thanks to everyone who have posted.
Brett..straight up the M1 & turn off at the Wynnum turn off.
I guess we should post a "Roll Call" thread next week with
everyones name on it who is coming...
Cheers,James

James_V17L
13-04-2005, 01:29 PM
OK Guys..time to throw a few suggestions around..Obviously it depends greatly on the weather..where would you guys like to go..Manly:out into the bay....raby bay:go to & around Peel.........Vicky Pt:Coochy/Peel....Jacobs Well:the Pin....
or have run around the broadwater...
It seems like a Sunday will be the go..how about some dates?
Thanks.James

skippa
13-04-2005, 03:29 PM
G'Day James,

Mate if you make it the Sunday of Labour day weekend the Mrs and I will be camped at Amity (weather permitting). Your welcome to use our camp as a base for the day. We'll be on a water front site.

Other wise I'm quite happy for a trip up to Tangas or around Peel. I guess the Pin or Broadwater would be out for me if its that Sunday tho.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

Brejen
13-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Sunday's are good for me. Not to worried where we go just looking forward to a great day out.( THE HAINES'S BIG DAY OUT ;D ;D ). Reckon we should decide whether we are doing a big fishing trip or just a leisure day with a spot of fishing if wanted. A few have said about Tangalooma i've been there and love it, others haven't and might like to and try their boats out or just see what it's like. You blokes know the area up there better than i. If we use the day as a testing or try out day for some of the guys that haven't ventured out in the bay I'm cool with that as well. Or if you want to head down here to the broady or if the weather good, offshore then back into the broady for some R&R that good as well. Guess i don't care at all what we do. Only problem with down here is that Big_unit has a bloody Big_drive. Anyway that's my bit, sorry it wasn't much help, but i'm cool man.
Brett

Brejen
13-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Not sure if this makes any difference to where we go but the tides for the Sunday 1st May
02.52 - 2.22mtr
10.03 - 0.67mtr
15.40 - 1.57mtr
21.16 - 0.72mtr
as i said not sure if this makes any difference to any of the locations but thought i'd post them incase we require them in our decision.

James_V17L
13-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Tony..sounds like a good plan...Brett..I reakon a leisure M & G day with a bit of fishing .
So the day is set : Sunday 1st of May (Long Weekend)
Peel Island/Amity area..I reakon we meet somewhere on the water mid morning so those who want to get a real early start & do some early fishing can...or we can meet at a ramp?
Whats your thoughts..

Brejen
13-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Sounds good. I have to Judge a Rodeo at Goondawindi Sat night. Usually get home around 2.30-3.00am. What time you and others heading out. Not sure what time yet will have to see what others are doing. Don't want to miss a second of this day. Have been known to get home at this time and just hook the girl up and head out. What's the rest of us doing. Will probably head up to Tanga's during the day as Big_ unit and my other deckie have never been there and worth showing them.
Big_ unit you still keen, will mail you with the finner details.
Anyone else commin DON"T BE SHY!!!!! :) :)
Brett

Big_unit
13-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Its all good... Ive driven further for a pack of smokes.

Hey Brett if your going to Gundy and back, then to Haines Big Day Out then I pity you. Hey its all in a weekends fun.

Looking forward to it,
James.

2DKnBJ
14-04-2005, 06:09 PM
G'Day James
Let us know what time you will be meeting at the ramp and i will be there.Bout time i get one up on the dirt magnet and wake him up for a change.
Brett
If you are going for a run up to Tangas i will tag along.Never had the boat over there.
Dazza

Brejen
14-04-2005, 07:25 PM
For sure Dazza, should be a great day. Just thought I'd get the big-unit up there as he has over a 3 hr drive and want to make it worth his while and show him some sites. But would really enjoy the company of all. Am sure if the weather's good we will all be wanting to run around everwhere. All these boats, good for testing them in new runs, safety in numbers. After we've all met up can we do the Peel /Amity, then maybe head up to Tanga's for a run. What sort of Miles we looking at or is this to big run, for fuel or hours in the day. Anyway we NEED THE WEATHER. Supose weather on the day will really have the final say on what and where we go. Thought that there was a few more Haines owners or anyone for that matter that may have been interested in coming along, still early days yet.
Brett

Hagar
15-04-2005, 03:45 AM
James
Bugga - rostered on all that weekend :( :( so am not a starter - maybe next time . Look forward to piccies of a fleet of Mr. Haines best lookers after the day .

Chris

FISHINDAVID
15-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi new to your site and read about the BIG HAINES DAY OUT. I have a V17R with a 150 Evinrude Fichit. Would love to tag along on this trip. Will keep eyes on the site for more info.

blaze
15-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Bit worried about some of the haines owners in here making mention of the weather, the way a haines owner normal tells it is the weather dosnt matter cause they are the best handling boat.
It might be tough to live up to after such a publicsized event. I dont own a hainse as i dont like there top deck
cheers
blaze
ps
Please go easy on me

Fishin_Dan
15-04-2005, 01:11 PM
If anyone is interested in some fuel money (And a deckie) for this fine occassion, I may be interested. Shoot us a PM if there is a possability.

Sounds like a top day though guys!

Big_Kev
15-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Bit worried about some of the haines owners in here making mention of the weather, the way a haines owner normal tells it is the weather dosnt matter cause they are the best handling boat.
It might be tough to live up to after such a publicsized event. I dont own a hainse as i dont like there top deck
cheers
blaze
ps
Please go easy on me

You better stay in Tassie then just to be on the safe side. :-X
Us Haines owners hate Tasmanian blood on the deck LOL.

blaze
15-04-2005, 04:50 PM
lmao kev

skippa
16-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Hey Blaze,

Is that 2nd head giving you trouble again? ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8)
PS you expected a bite didn't you ;)

blaze
16-04-2005, 03:12 AM
itchy scar skippa

skippa
16-04-2005, 02:51 PM
;D ;D

Brejen
19-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Thought i'd get this back to the top.
Well i'm in. Will be heading out from the manly ramp- Never been there but i'll find it.

Not to sure what time yet prob around (7.30-8.00ish) will see what time all the rest are leaving. There'll be big_unit, my old man, and myself in my V17L "MISTRESS".

I see that Fishin_Dan may be interested in tagging along with someone if they want- pg 4 - sorry mate prob not much room left in mine after us three get in ;D ::) :o.

FISHINDAVID welcome to the site, would be great to have you tag along.

Think the plan is, we're looking to head to Peel / Amity Leisurely M&G sounds GREAT. What sort of miles/km's we looking at.
Who else is coming?
As Spaniard_ King suggests any Haines's that'll make the trip come along.

Blaze, for the next one we might travel them down the coast to you. You never know we'd probably be able to tow that island back to the main land ;D :D ;) ::) No, the main land would never forgive us. Sorry ::) ::)

Lets get a list happening and thanks to James_V17L for bringing this trip to reality. [smiley=thumbsup.gif].
Big_unit by the time you read this only 12 more sleeps.

Brett
P.S what's the plan for ETR. We planning on Picnic lunch on one of the islands (Bring your own food and drinks) or what was the plan. Only need to know so i can let my deckies in on the seceret. You guys know the area, you choose the lunch veiws.

James_V17L
19-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Brett..thanks for the help..I think if we are going to hang around the Peel Is area maybe Raby Bay ramp may be better..?
Can anyone who knows the area really well gives us some advice..
The date is set..Sunday 1st May
Lunch at Peel Island...Horseshoe Bay??..or maybe Tony(Skippa)
may know a good spot at Amity?
I will prolly leave around 6.00am..ish
Keep the ideas coming..well done guys.

James_V17L
19-04-2005, 07:53 PM
We should post a topic in the "going fishing" section once we have settle on the details & maybe post some mobile phone numbers..Cheers

skippa
20-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Geez,

I hope we snag weather like today for the Haines Day Out ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8)

2DKnBJ
20-04-2005, 07:17 PM
James
Let us know which ramp and what time and i'll be there.
Dazza