PDA

View Full Version : Almost There...

bignick
19-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, the new ship, a nice little Seafarer V-Sea, has taken up residence in my shed, and it is time to play prior to launch. Firstly, a little bit of cleaning up resulted in half a wheelie bin of wire and cable being removed from the boat. When all the fuel line was replaced, a small corrosion hole was found in the fuel pick-up spout and the filler spout was almost gone. so, the tank was drained and removed and has since been repaired and returned. Painful, but better to have discovered it in the shed than on the 35's. The trailer has been completely rewired and will be treated to a little bit of touch-up work and a new set of light truck tyres. The new Garmin GPS-126 and 27MHZ radio are both in; just waiting for the sounder (a Lowrance X-107-CDF colour unit) to arrive. I was hoping for an ANZAC DAY launch, but the chances of that seem pretty remote at best; looks like early May is the go. I thought it was painful enough not having a boat; having one in the shed that isn't going is a purgatory all on its own. Oh well, by launch time, the Snapper should be starting to fire up around the place; and maybe fuel prices might be less than one arm and one leg (we can only hope). Bring it on.....

Cheers,
NICK.

aido
19-04-2005, 07:00 PM
i like your style nick,
nothing like some major maintenance before a maiden voyage.
i think the seafarers are great boats.
where are you going to launch from?

bignick
20-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Will probably launch from MBTBC at Manly. Should be a grand occasion; the deafening roar from the assembled crowd of 2 or 3, the lights, the cameras, the pressure; NOT!!! Seriously though, I can't wait to get this over and done with so I can get back to fishing again. I'll also be able to get the Minister off my back and I'll be able to clean up my shed; with boat bits all over the shop, the place looks like a bomb hit it.

Cheers,
NICK.

bignick
21-04-2005, 05:09 AM
Hopefully, we'll get the fuel tank and all the associated fittings back in this week sometime. That only leaves the trailer to do, which could be next week, with a bit of luck. Still waiting for the sounder as well. Things are coming along well.

Cheers,
NICK.

ba229
21-04-2005, 06:12 AM
have you got any photos of the boat?

bignick
21-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Photos shall be forthcoming when the ship is ready for its first on-water run. As Bill Lawry would say,"It's all happening!". Stay tuned...

Cheers,
NICK.