PDA

View Full Version : Replacement transducers?  where to get from

cooky
20-04-2005, 11:47 AM
heh - my transducer dissappeared from my boat on Sat - snapped off wire, etc. Hummingbird sounder about 4 years old. Can I get a replacement or is it worth just buying a new sounder?

not sure of the model - from memory a 450x or something (at work at the moment)

stunnedmullet
20-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Disappeared ??? Maybe this is why you haven't caught or seen any fish since you bought the boat ??? ???
The Mullet

cooky
20-04-2005, 12:10 PM
it involves a reef trip, my brother in-law going for a snorkel with fins and then realising very strong current taking him across reef - he swims like a shark is chasing him and grabs the ladder and somehow manages to snap transducer off with his feet. I then fix (sort of) - and went out Saturday - GOOONNNNEEE now.

Mr__Bean
20-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Sure it doesn't go like this?

Bugger, had my Hummingbird sounder knocked off on Saturday, it was a 450X (I think) and only about 4 years old.

They cut the wires and took the main unit.

I wonder if they will be able to get a new transducer for it?

Hmmm..................

familyman
20-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Its an "out of production" model so spares will be unavailable >:(
Therefore you will have to claim for a "replacement model" ;D
Boo Hoo
cheers jon

megafish71
20-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Cooky, go and see the guys at The Ships Bell, if its available they will be able to get it for you, if not I'm sure they will do you a good deal on a new unit.

Cheers Ron

Bosunsmate
20-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Was going to suggest Rising Sun Marine, thats where I got my Piranha 1x andthey stock a range of them on the shelf I believe.....Was told it was about $130 for mine >:( may as well get a new sounder for that price......

cooky
21-04-2005, 04:31 AM
thanks guys - i'll check out Ships bell - i believe my insurance excess is $500 - so won't bother with that, unless I claim it was a 3D sensing full colour Furono or something ;D

Time to go shopping again. I've got no chance of even risking asking for $$ from the bro-in-law. I don't think he honestly thinks he did it and accidents happen.

2DKnBJ
21-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Cooky
Try gettong in touch with BLA(bob little agencies)I think that is right :-/ They are in Bris They should be able to help you out
Dazza