PDA

View Full Version : YAMAHA F115 Would you buy one ?

Hagar
17-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Have almost settled on this engine for my latest project . Anyone who has owned ,driven or had anything to do with one please tell me what you think of it . Any feedback - good - bad - or ugly much appreciated . Whatever I strap on it will be a Yammie but but like the four banger . [smiley=smug.gif]

megafish71
17-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Highly recommend. Had one of these, put 1600hrs on it in 2 years, with no probs at all. Great fuel ecconomy all round excellent engine.

Ron

mackmauler
17-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Ron, 1600hrs is impressive in 2 yrs, is that pro fishn use?

its a yammie its got to be good.

ps. the latest yammie recruit :D

megafish71
17-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Ron, 1600hrs is impressive in 2 yrs, is that pro fishn use?

its a yammie its got to be good.

ps. the latest yammie recruit :D

No Rob, thats pure rec fishing mate, thats what living in the Northern Territory does to you. Fished just about every weekend up there, plus just about every day when on holidays. ;D ;D
Put 120hrs on it in two weeks fishing on the Daly, Great comps those Barra Nationals and Barra Classics. Ahh the memories.

Ron

dfox
17-04-2005, 08:38 AM
This engine is as good as they come, but why get one when you can have two!!!!

familyman
18-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Foxy NOW you are really showing off ;D
cheers jon

Hagar
18-04-2005, 06:30 AM
That's what I need guys - keep it coming .

Ron - thats a heap of time on the water . Did you have anything at all give trouble ? . My local outlet has a couple on commercial boats and they did a couple of thousand hours before the fuel pump went ( cam driven mechanical like most cars ) and I think one wore out an oil pump . That was it apart from oil and filters etc .

Foxy - greedy bugga wanting two of these little treasures .

I can feel my fingers unclenching the bucks already for one .

Chris

megafish71
18-04-2005, 01:04 PM
That's what I need guys - keep it coming .

Ron - thats a heap of time on the water . Did you have anything at all give trouble ? . My local outlet has a couple on commercial boats and they did a couple of thousand hours before the fuel pump went ( cam driven mechanical like most cars ) and I think one wore out an oil pump . That was it apart from oil and filters etc .

Foxy - greedy bugga wanting two of these little treasures .

I can feel my fingers unclenching the bucks already for one .

Chris

Only prob was at 5hrs the starter crapped out, Yamaha replaced this and no other probs. Must have scored a dud starter. Only did regular services and changed the waterpump every couple of hundred hrs. A mate of mine put 4500 hrs on a 50hp 4 banger in 3years as a fishing guide had no problems with it at all.

Best of luck with it all mate.

Ron

cooky
19-04-2005, 04:27 AM
how much are they? anyone know how much a suzuki 140 4s is?

craigie
21-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Ron,

How did you go with the warranty. Was it serviced by a dealer every 100 hours ? servicing fees would cost a fortune !

1600 hrs in 2 years for purely rec use is most impressive :o :o

Cheers mate,

Craig.

megafish71
22-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Ron,

How did you go with the warranty. Was it serviced by a dealer every 100 hours ? servicing fees would cost a fortune !

1600 hrs in 2 years for purely rec use is most impressive #:o :o

Cheers mate,

Craig.

Craig, Don't know if I would have had any probs with warranty as the only claim I had was when it was 5hrs old. As for servicing took it into them every 400hrs for a service and new water pump, about $450 each time, other than that just dropped the oil out and change filter at home. Very easy to do yourself.

Ron