PDA

View Full Version : Please give me your opinion

_Matt_
21-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Any opinions on Polycrafts would be appreciated, whether they be good or bad, keep em rollin. [smiley=gossip.gif]

Cheers
Matt

Jeremy
21-05-2005, 10:33 AM
that's a massive spaniard in your avtar mate. Do you know what it went?

Sorry no opinions on poly boats, but I reckon you'll know for sure whether they are any good in 10 years or so.

Jeremy

_Matt_
21-05-2005, 11:08 AM
that's a massive spaniard in your avtar mate. Do you know what it went?

Yeah she sure is 1 big sardine. That Spaniard was weighed in at 46 kilo's or 101 pound. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

snapattack
21-05-2005, 11:40 AM
No, but if you are going to go for a test run, let me know and i will tag along. Have been thinking about getting serious about one but have not had the time.

laiborcimitna
21-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Polycraft are releasing their new 5.25 series of boats at the Brisvegas Boat Show in September. They will be available as a cuddy, centre console and bowrider configuration. I'll probably hang out for these to be released.

Robbo_Townsville
21-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Have a look at this link, it maybe of some help.

www.polyboatowners.com/hints-tips.htm

waznot
22-05-2005, 04:41 PM
matt, a guy i work with has had his 455 poly for about 6 months. mate he takes it out the reef and he loves it. he was a pro trout fisher, so i assume his opinion would hold some value.reckons it rides well and feels quite safe.
cheers
wazza.

Lucky_Dave76
23-05-2005, 10:20 AM
they seem like a good comprimise..ride like fibreglass and tuff like a tinny. Do you know how much less an eqivelent sized tinny weighs? Think carefully about the extra HP you will require to push it(especially if you are thinking 4stroke), is the only thing that concerns me. IE does the better ride outweigh the more horsepower and the risk of buying a new product. If not Go for it. Hope this helps!
Cheers
Dave

billfisher
23-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I have had the 410 Challenger for a few weeks. I don't think they require more hp than an equivalent tinnie (with this model anyway). The poly is a fair bit heavier than an open dingy, but an equivalent tinnie (ie with storage compartments and casting platforms) is not much diferent in weight. Also the Challenger has a fairly shallow V. Deep V hulls definitely require more HP.

After 5 trips I have a pretty good idea as to how it handles. Note that my previous boat was a 3.85 m Quintrex Dart. Firstly it is amazingly stable, this coupled with the flat floor, casting platforms and underfloor storage, make it a great lure casting boat. I have had it out in some sloppy conditions and found that it tracks very straight. It bangs a bit as it has a fairly flat bottom, but the impact is soft (none of the jarring you get with tinnies). The double hull really works to cushion the impact (also its very quiet). I got the tiller model with a padded swivel seat and have also been out in the side console model. The console and steering wheel is nice, but you get a softer ride seated at the stern and much more room with the open boat.

I have powered it with a 30 hp 2 stroke and it really gets along with one or two people on board. A 40 hp might be better if your are carrying heavy loads for long distances.

So all in all it does everything better than a tinnie and is also very competitively priced.