PDA

View Full Version : Marine batteries

Brett_Hoskin
25-05-2005, 02:11 PM
designed for constant trickle charge. Not suited for applications requiring high current. ie engine cranking. Ideal as a second battery to run electronucs etc and as cranking battery in emergency.

Just_chips
26-05-2005, 09:29 AM
G'day all, I've just got hold of a few rechargeable batteries and was wondering what makes the difference between what we know as marine batteries and other sealed rechargeable batteries. These batteries came from a U.P.S. (Battery back-up for an office full of computers, computer type people will know what I'm talking about) in an inner-city office tenancy and are not being reused. They are a 200 amp hour sealed lead acid battery. I have a 7 amp hour battery that I bought from BIAS boating and can't see any real difference from the outside (except for size). Are they put together differently inside or made of different components that would make them more suitable for a marine environment? I will attach a couple of photos of the big batteries and my little one for somebody to comment on and help me out.
If I can determine that these batteries will be suitable for boaties then I will list them in the for sale section (price yet to be decided) I won't go selling them to people if there is a chance that they may blow up somebodies boat or other unthinkable disasters, I just don't want that hanging over my head.

I only get a chance to read e-mails at night but you could also contact me on my mobile on 0410475397 if you think that you could use these batteries and we may be able to work something out. I have no real use for them other than an opotunistic cash sale (I'm so ashamed of myself :'() But all proceeds go in my little boaty bank .

p.s. I'm based in Brisbane

Just_chips
26-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Another shot

Just_chips
26-05-2005, 09:33 AM
My little one, the big fellas are about the size of Magic Jonsons shoe box and weigh close to 50 kgs