PDA

View Full Version : Question about servicing 4 stroke yamaha's

finding_time
31-05-2005, 01:25 PM
I've had all the regular services done upto 200hrs and at the present rate i'll clock over 300+ in the calender year, i'm thinking about doing an oil and filter change myself at 300hrs to try and save some $ is anyone else doing there own oilchanges, and if you are doing a lot of hours apart from oil and filters do 4 strokes need services every hundred hours.
Ian
Ps water pump checked at two hundred hours

Big_Kev
31-05-2005, 01:48 PM
All the information is in your owners manual that you should have got with the motor.
The oil would sure need a change at 100hrs or even every 50 if you can do it yourself.
It is not hard and if you read the owners manual it explains the fundamentals, just some trade tricks might stop you suffering a disaster.
Cheers Kev. :)

Hagar
31-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Ian
My new 115 four stroke is still in the box for a week or two but I have done some groundwork . You sure can do oil and filter changes between major services and save time and money . On the bigger engines I am told the drain plug results in a messy oil change and a vacuum suckout pump is the go . Just put the tube down the dipstick and suck it out . I luckily can borrow one so don't have to buy but they are not real expensive . To my knowledge you must use the genuine filter still . Gotta be done 50 hours preferably is my understanding .

Chris

finding_time
01-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the response fella's
Ian

muddieman
01-06-2005, 07:08 AM
no problems at all, i do my hondas myself