PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft tinnie

Brejen
03-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Need help as a friend is looking at one of these Starcraft tinnies.
Approx 14ft long
DT50 suzuki outboard approx 80-81 model. Boat probably the same model
Not a bad little boat needs a good tidy up but looks all sound. I've never heard or seen one till now and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them. Any information would be appreciated. They only want to use it in the rivers and the Broadwater. Thanks guys and gals.
Brett

gofishin
03-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Used to be a plate boat manufacturer in Perth called StarBoats/Starcraft (can't remember which) in the 80's. Didn't think they made the pressed version though. try contacting seamedia. PW had one in the 80's & would remember all about them, or your particular manufacturer if different.

seabug
03-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Starcraft tinnies,long ,narrow and low sided ,were imported from USA about the early 80's
OK for millpond conditions

Darn scary in a windy 1ft. chop.And all that takes is a sudden gust of wind.

Suggest a good OZ made tinnie would be the better/safer buy

I got caught once,traded it quick

Regards
Seabug

Brejen
03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys will pass on the info. Will get a pic and post it might not be one of these. I am only going off what is on the Rego sticker no other stickers anywhere else. Thay only want it to chase a few whitting , muddies etc, so will only really be in the rivers. As i said might not be one as this didn't really look all that low at the sides. This one has a funny hull as the strakes on the outer are near pod shape, looks good for bouyancy. Any way will let them know and will get some pics to show you, and see if this is really what type it is. Thanks
Brett