PDA

View Full Version : Seajay or Quintrex

retro
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Looking around for a tinnie up 4.5m can't make up my mind between Quintrex & Seajay. Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance, Ian

walruss
04-06-2005, 04:19 PM
given all the publicity on various forums in regards to problems that have been experienced with quintrex, I think the decision might be made a bit easier.

Russ

Morlers
04-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I had a 4.55 SeaJay Centre Console and couldn't fault it. It did everything it was supposed to and more. Took it off shore often, seas permitting for a small boat. You will find that the thickness of hull is normally greater in a SeaJay than most other brands. Hope the above helps.

:) :)

Morlers

basserman
05-06-2005, 02:10 PM
ploycraft :P

nigelr
05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Stessco or Stessyl, if you're in the cheap end of the market. otherwise Fisher. Take your time and do the research to get best value for your hard earned $. Cheers and good luck.

southernson
05-06-2005, 06:41 PM
couldnt fualt a quinny mate, the hull design on em is great, provide a good ride and corner great. Wouldnt put my money anywhere else unless i went plate.
Cheers

Big_Kev
06-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Sea Jay are a better built boat in my oppinion.

propdinger
06-06-2005, 03:26 AM
i have been using a seajay for 5 years and not 1 trouble what so ever its a 5.2mtr centre console with a 60hp yammy 4 stroke and its been everywhere including moreton bay, top of fraser, brunswick heads (river and offshore) and cairns down and not an bit of trouble

PinHead
06-06-2005, 04:04 AM
amazing..the man asks for the recommendations between a seajay and a quinnie and then gets everything else tossed in..like stessl and polys..i know people with both makes and they all swear by theirs...probably depends on the layout etc you want.

qcr
06-06-2005, 05:13 AM
My 455 Coast runner is great.
Great ride
Great motor 60hp 4 stroke yammie
Great everything

Pash67
06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
I like the flared bow of the quintrex, that's why I bought one. A mate has a SeaJay in the same layout and he loves it. Don't worry about other opions. Most people that bag quintrex don't have one and most probably have never owned one. Go and take a test ride and you will know which feels right for you. What I want and what I can afford are two different boats so I got what suits me best for now. To me they are all better than having nothing! Look after them and use them as intended and you will have no problems with either.

Adrian

basserman
06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
well a few fellas on this site me included has or does own one like myself but we wouldn't touch another one again or recomend anyone get one after qulity control issues ;)

southernson
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
would have to agree with qcr, the 455 coastrunner is agreat little boat, old mans got one n handles most things ya throw at it. It pulls skiers, chases macks, estuary the lot. But in the end its the buyers desicion, and as pash67 said take a few for a test drive.
Cheers