PDA

View Full Version : Furuno 4100

Brett_Hoskin
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
I have just started to use a Furuno 4100 sounder and it doesnt seem to show depth correctly. There is almost always a dark full line at about the 2 ft mark at the top of the screen. The visual of the screen clearly shows the "apparent " contours of the bottom at , say 10ft, but the depth still shows 2 ft. I know it is deeper than that because I told my wife to get out and hold the boat near the ramp and she disappeared into the drink.
Any tips about these sounders would be appreciated.

matthill80
07-06-2005, 05:11 PM
thats the best depth sounder the mrs what a beauty ;D ;D ;D

krazyfisher
08-06-2005, 03:11 AM
brett
I used one of these a bit and neither I or the bloke who owned it could ever get it to work very well.

finga64
08-06-2005, 04:12 AM
mine works brilliant!!!
No 2' line on mine.
Give Taylor Marine in Brissy a call about it.
How deep is the cook good too??
Good luck!!

noluck
08-06-2005, 05:14 AM
i use to have one and is gone with boat
hade so meny problems what i toght are problems but was nothing wrong with it i just had to call taylor marine for help i did not know how to use or set up .
ones u know hwo to set up you will love it
yes is is not showing dehtp under 1 m

youngfisho
09-06-2005, 06:51 AM
I also have a 4100 sounder. If you are only just starting out using it, put it in auto fish mode. you can select between auto fish\cruise depending on how fast you are travelling. When set to manual mode it will depend on the depth of water you are in. You can adjust the scale so that if you are fishing 30 feet of water and have it set to 20 feet it will not read the last 10 feet. In shallow water always have the gain set low as this will affect the way the sounder picks up echoes and read depth. Also check the positioning and angle of the transducer. Pm me if you have any further q's.

andrew