PDA

View Full Version : hydrofield tri hulls

Pedro
12-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Any one had any experience with these around the 7m mark

Tracker
13-06-2005, 05:37 AM
had a 21 footer in the mid 70s and used as a ab boat.just be careful of build date.i think there has been a few different people making these hulls.ours was built by leon field and a top boat.

zulu
13-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Have a mate who is a third generation pro fisherman, I asked him once which was the best offshore fishing boat for ride, he said a Hydrofield was the smoothest riding boat he has ever been in.
Troy

nigelr
13-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Nice one for sale on the net somewhere, but smaller, Jaguar it was, from a dealer. Seem to recall fishing journo Scott Amon was impressed with one he owned at one stage, but stand to be corrected, I'm a 49yo, so bordering senility ;) Not a bad looking unit, similar to Eagleray I think. Eagleray highly regarded, I beleive.........like to know the differences..........

ali
14-06-2005, 11:03 PM
G'day pedro,I haven't been in a 7m but I do own a hydrofield 18 jaguar. I'ts a big roomy boat for it's size, rides and handles great as well as being very stable, I could only Imagine the larger model would be even better,the guy I bought my boat from had bought the 6.6m model and I can tell you, it dwarfs my boat.My boat is an 89 model
with the air injected hull and 2.4m width, #earlier models are narrower and supossedly not as good.I'm really happy with mine only draw backs their a heavy boat [probably why it rides so good] so you'll need a good 4wd to tow it and also mine has a 150hp evinrude Intruder on the back which pushes it along beautifully but guzzels about 1.5 to 2 litres of fuel per kilometre depending on sea conditions, the bigger model will be even worse. good luck any way, just wondering what got you interested in a hydrofield as I don't come across any one who knows about them. cheers stiffrod! ps will post some photo's of my boat! ps again would like to hear from any one who own's one and get their thoughts on them.

ali
14-06-2005, 11:13 PM
here's one

ali
14-06-2005, 11:14 PM
another

ali
14-06-2005, 11:16 PM
how about one more

ali
14-06-2005, 11:21 PM
definitely the last one

Pedro
15-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Good looking boat Stiffrod,
I originally come from Yeppoon about 15yrs ago and they were popular with the gun offshore fisho's at the time .
I am looking for something stable for offshore line fishing outside the GBR. As I anchor in 90-120m of water and am no lightweight I am concerned about going up front to retreive the anchor in a big swell normally experienced here outside.
I fish alone sometimes and require a safe boat to move around there fore I would be using the hatch to access my anchor when I don't float it up and retreive it over the side.
I will be fitting four strokes x2

ali
15-06-2005, 07:50 PM
G'day pedro, best thing to do is test drive a few different boats to see what suits your needs, I don't think fishing alone and anchoring in 120m of water offshore in big swells is a good idea though. cheers stiffrod!