PDA

View Full Version : Formosa Boats

sboyes
23-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know anything about FORMOSA boats i'm looking at buying a 5.2m Centre console and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them.........here's a few pics let me know what you think

sboyes
23-06-2005, 09:51 AM
here's another

sboyes
23-06-2005, 09:51 AM
and another

NQCairns
23-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Remember you asked ;) Not ever seen one in the flesh, when eyeballing your pics, it looks like a nice boat although I couldn't spot any deadrise to mention at the rear so it will probably be a horror underway in any slightly open waterway with 12 knots blowing.
Dont know how you fish, looks like a great creek boat. Could be just the pic, if it is't it will be damn bumpy :o cheers nq

Big_Kev
23-06-2005, 12:53 PM
I had a 4.75 center console 60 yammie 4x for, 2 yrs and it well.It was rated to 75hp.
I use to take it offshore and never had a problem with the hull or engine and it handled it well for a pressed tinny and I had a great time with it.
The 60 was a good size for the 4.75 and I would think you will want something around 75 2x to push it.
I would still have mine but the wife would not come out with me in it so I sold it to get a runabout.
I can recomend them for sure.
Cheers Kev. ;D

fishin4fun
23-06-2005, 02:30 PM
I,ve had my 5.2 formosa for a couple of months now and i love it. Have come home in 20 -25 knots and it handled it great (didnt get to wet either). I have a standard 75 mercury on the back and as of yet i have no complaints,it gets up and moves fine with it. Its no cruise craft/ haines but theres plenty of room in it and suits me as i want it just for fishing. if you have any more questions about it feel free to pm me....... Rob