PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Whaler 5.5 profisher

noluck
22-06-2005, 07:28 AM
I need some help here
assie whaler 5.5 profisher are there any good ,or bad boats, do you have one ,or know someone hwo had one .or owning one .

thanks in advence
No_luck

Sandman
22-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi No_Luck,
I own 6.5 super centre console and i dont have any complaints , i had a look at the profisher 6.5 on the gold coast but decided to get the console as it had a nice casting deck and more room. The hull provides a nice ride on slop but choose your days and you will be fine.
The only complaint is that they are well sealed and foamed so alterations will be difficult. How much do they want for it? I went to look at one the other day just out of interest but it had sold for 40 i think, The po fish on the GC is still for sale i think its a nice boat allways stored and has a new 140 Suz on it price is 50 or so i think.
Cheers Sandman

Sandman
22-06-2005, 11:41 AM
http://aussiewhaler.com/

noluck
22-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Sandman thanks for replaying
one what i had look is under 30 and is not to bad but i think
is under power to has only 90 honda with 200h on
boat has ben on whater for some times owner use to live on chanal on gold coas.
whan u say slopy sea hwo big slop u thinging of 1.2 or 1.5 m
in how big slop you had yours boat
cheers No_luck

Sandman
22-06-2005, 02:02 PM
No_Luck it does sound underpowered but i have seen it on the water before for that size it should really be aaround 130 but have a look at the specs.
Oh the slop i refered to was the 3mtr swell i took her out in last week not good !!! It was the bar crossing i was refering to.
No they handle well i have 130 on mine and it goes fine but i could take 250 . I suggest you take it for a spin and you will soon know, i would put more grunt on the back if going out.
Cheers Sandman

boatboy50
22-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Hi,

Ive run a 5.5 profish cuddy fitted with a 90hp Yamaha two stroke. Powerwise it wasnt too bad, but in my opinion the ride wasnt all that good in the chop. It actually slammed quite a bit.

I later bought a 5.6m Hydrofield Tri hull, and it was 100 times better in the slop. Ive since sold it so not beating my own drum!

Better boat in my opinion.

For 30k you can do much better.

Regards
Darren

noluck
25-06-2005, 07:18 AM
thanks darren
is any one have more to say please