PDA

View Full Version : Streaker Gone WHAT??

Streaker
28-06-2005, 09:17 AM
The time may of come for the Streaker to be retired to another :o :o, but don't panic my loyal deckies it could be the start of something good. Opinions required. my mate is selling his Sportsfish plate 6.4 mtr, about a 98 model, new 140hp Susuki?, good trailer, outriggers, trim tabs, hydraulic streering and I get to keep my electronics. What sort of money should he be looking at and any reports from owners or those informed on this style of boat.
Wayne

bugman
28-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Wayne,

Glass to Plate ;D

Welcome to world of slap. Actually I drove Phil's Sportfish home from the Banks on our last trip when I was speaking with you - and it went pretty well into the facing swell.

My Lightning hates that - direct on and I slap like a bitch but she rides especially well with - and side on to the swell.

There are a few people out there that will tell you some horror tales of Sportfishes regarding handling skills with a big following sea - I'm one !!

Brett

snappa
28-06-2005, 11:23 AM
DON'T DO IT.......!!!!!!!!!!

stick to the glass.... ask yourself why do i need a different boat....

??? ??? ;D ;D

Smithy
28-06-2005, 02:13 PM
4 stroke or 2 stroke Suzuki? Reelax riggers? Not a Super V?

Sportfish_5
28-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Brett - Tell me more ??? I have spent the last 10 years in Sportfish boats and have always felt completely safe. They may broach a little in certain conditions but no worse than any other boat with a fine entry. Just power through it. The early ones with the lower sides are a different kettle of fish to the latter ones and the supa-vees are another level again.

Wayne - is that the white/black half cab down the road from you ? Looks a nicely kept boat if it is. ATM John Crawfords have a 5.8m centre cab for $38,500 that would be around that vintage I think. Only powered by a 115 2 stroke johno but. That dont seem to last long when advertised nationally.

Cheers

Greg

Lucky_Phill
28-06-2005, 04:41 PM
OK Wayne, despite what others here ( Brett, ) says, I have NEVER had the Sportfish ( ReBait ) broach on me. The SuperVee hull is a great innovation, and does go into the sea with Glass-boat-like effect. A following sea is no problem at all, provided the driver knows what he or she is doing. Trim the motor out, hit the swells at 90 degrees and have the power on. As simple as that.

With regard to the price, hard for me to say, but if the trailer is in good nic, as is the boat, a figure around the 40k mark is what ya looking at. I decide this way:-

second hand trailer = $ ?

second hand hull = $ ?

new motor = $ ?

add in electrics at half price of cost, and that's ya package price.

To add a little, the reason tinnies ' bump' going into a sea, is because they have strakes. These are usually necessary to assist in lift, deflect spray and assist in tracking with a following sea. Non- straked boats, have a clean entry into a sea, and therefore make a soft glass-like ride.

Platies are also ' noisey'er " than glass, so a good marine carpet lining in all areas available is necessary.

Goodluck, and also, I personally think a 140 is borderline for the 6.4. 175 would be ideal.

Phill. ;) ;D

Streaker
29-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Brett
I have heard and seen this broaching, but I thought it may of been caused by driver skills or lack of.
Peter
sometimes a change is good.
Smithy
it's not a supervee. The seats are supposedly the best and the outriggers I am unsure of. The motor is a 4 stroke.
Greg
it is owned by the guy that use to live down the road I think it's blue and white halfcab.
Phil
I was going to carpet all the interier that I could. i followed this boat out of Mooloolaba one morning in a headon sea about 15knts and I could not catch this boat it also out ran me on the way home. Snappa knows how easy I take it. (flat out) It's not a SuperVee but it does have high sides.

-spiro-
29-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Phill
I only have a 135hp on my tub. It's a 7m. I usally sit on 45-48klm ok. Thats on 4200-4500rpm.

noluck
29-06-2005, 06:59 AM
wayne
it is sad to hear the straker will go it is very good boat mate and i never bine on any sportfisher so can not tall you mach but whatever you do i wish you good luck
and price way i think 98 boat, new motor, . 6.4 trim tabs , could be just under $ 35 or would not pay more than 36
it is hard to say mate without looking i bolive it is in good condition
cheers and good luck mate

Streaker
29-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks Fidel
the guy is asking $40 but he will take the streaker as part payment.

snappa
29-06-2005, 11:12 AM
would he prefer a haines .... ???

;D ;D ;D

Sportfish_5
29-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Watch out Wayne - Sneeky Pete is on the prowl lol

IMO 40K is a really good buy for a boat that size with a new 140 Suzi 4 stroke. You would not get a decent reputable brand name 5.8m platey for $35-36K. I suppose it really gets down to what changeover figure you have to fork out :-/

I know a pristine Centre Cab that will be on the market soon ;)

Cheers

Greg

Streaker
29-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Peter
I've offered 2 bottles of rum but he won't move on his price and he has been in the streaker. Greg , would that be you're boat on the market soon. The only way this deal can be done is he is having my boat as part payment. May post a photo soon.
Wayne

BladeRunner
29-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey Wayne
Nothing wrong with plate could turn out for the best in next years hook up. A change is as good as a holiday they say.
BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

Lucky_Phill
30-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes Chris I hear ya. Yours is a 2 stroke though.

And Wayne, I think I know the boat type.

YOU couldn't catch him ? couldn't you find second gear in the Streaker ? ::) :P ;)

The only thing is, if he's going to take ya boat as part payment, and he is asking 40k, definately take her for a joy ( test ) ride, and pump it thru a bar and swell.

Platies are way different to Glass. so no use comparing them.

and I agree, a change is as good as a holiday.

have fun

Phill

-spiro-
01-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Hey Wayne why don't we both trade our boats in on the same rig and buy one of them Razzorlines. My missus would'nt let me pull money off the house to upgrade{just i devorce dream} ;D ;D