PDA

View Full Version : My New Fisher 600 Maxi

Fisher_Boats
22-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Just finished my new boat and thought I would show you guys. It's a little different layout then standard.
I fitted a big wide console with a work station behind the console.It's got a hard top with roll up clears on the front and sides. It has a fold down bench seat and back rest off the front of the work station.I basically designed it around fishing offshore with my two young blokes.
The transoms clean to fish across without a baitboard in the way. The workbench has a deckwash,tackle lockers and a burley shute that drops out the bottom of the hull so you can chop up pillies ect and feed them down the hole ;D
It also makes for good stowage. The under deck kill tank is insulated so we make up a brine in it and throw the fish in. The deck in front of the console is raised. Has a 140 Suzi and Navman 4600,5600 & VHF and a Majestic Stereo. Fitted an auto timer on the live bait tank which is excellent. Has 24 rod holders so far.

Cheers Col

Fisher_Boats
22-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Work Bench

Fisher_Boats
22-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Console

Fisher_Boats
22-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Transom

Fisher_Boats
22-06-2005, 11:18 AM
First proper blooding ;D

David_P
22-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Nice one Col. That work station looks great :) I've got my last day at work tomorrow, then 2.5 weeks holiday with plenty of fishing. Hopefully might even find a few of those reefies you had in your esky too :D After that it is the new job, bugger. I knew the holiday couldn't last for ever.....

Heath
22-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Now THAT is one well thought out setup!

Interested in how your berly shut works, if the bits n pieces make it out or hang around in the shute due to the water motion before they finally start to sink.

MICHAELG
22-06-2005, 11:43 AM
mmm -Adequate I spose. Question- where am I gunna sleep when we do all those fishing trips.

BCB

ps I only have 1 real criticism- I dont see any DRINK HOLDERS >:(

Sportfish_5
22-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Look closer lol ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Greg

Fisher_Boats
22-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Open your eyes gibbo :o
Heath.....they seem to drift out perfectly.We do give it a blast with the hose every now and then to wash the oil through but the pillies just drift down by themselves.The leading edge of the pipe hangs down a bit to deflect water around it when your running. Worked good Saturday on the snapper.We bagged out in a couple hours.
Hi Dave... Have a good holiday ya bugger!
Cheers Col

22-06-2005, 03:51 PM
WOW! Looks fantastic...

Very envious! :)

chemmy
22-06-2005, 04:36 PM
look great

MICHAELG
23-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Col

Ok I stand corrected I see 2 drink holders.

Sooooo since I'll be seeing you next Thursday and the weather looks really good , hint hint

Only stirring ya, its just a jealously thing- she looks great, you got no chance of ever going by yourself, the boys are propably sleeping in it
Gibbo

Fisher_Boats
23-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Hey Gibbo,
It's a bit like that..... you don't think they looove it [smiley=iloveyou.gif]
Bonesy was in it the other day ....stereo going, laying under the console :)
You never know your luck next week. Keep an eye on buoy ;)
Cheers Col

caloundra
23-06-2005, 05:14 AM
I think you are just showing off now col :o

if you need an unbiased apinion on her fishability Im happy to take her for a test drive ;)

Daniel

JB
23-06-2005, 06:18 AM
They dont come much more practical than that Col, just hope your still making boats by the time i an afford one ;D . Great to see some inovation and thought going onto your designs.

Very impressive mate , well done.

Jason

Fisher_Boats
23-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks Jason..Can't see myself doing anything else.... no one would have me ;D
They really aren't that expensive ;)
Daniel send me a pm with your contact and you can come for a run with us one day.
All we do is build boats and go fishing with a few beers in between.
Cheers Col

seqfisho
23-06-2005, 08:01 AM
All we do is build boats and go fishing with a few beers in between.
Cheers Col

Hey Col, are you sure you haven't died and gone to heaven ;D

What a life, plus your boat is one of the best layouts for Qld fishing Ive seen, could you squeeze a scaled down version into a 4.8 or 5mt????

Glen.

CQ_Fisher
23-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Thats one bloody awesome rig, im practically at half mast just looking at the pics. your a boat building champion Col and i truly look forward to the day i can place my order with you. I would be interested in some more detailed pics of the burley shute and anything else for that matter.

Cheers
JD

Fisher_Boats
23-06-2005, 08:39 AM
;D ;D Don't worry Glen it's got it's headaches involved (business that is [smiley=wut.gif])
Scaling them down isn't a problem. I think with the feedback from the Airlie show and you guys the setup might be popular :)
JD will post some detailed pics tommorrow.
Must admit after constantly building boats for everyone it's good to let loose on one for myself. 8 weeks of seven days a week squeezing it in between the others is worth it now.

Cheers Col

caloundra
23-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Daniel send me a pm with your contact and you can come for a run with us one day.
Cheers Col

love to mate number comming through now
just name the time and place

thanks
Daniel

craigie
23-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Col,

What can I say, it looks a treat :-*. The inovations are outstanding :) :)

Can't wait to see the detail pics, in particular the inside of the Cab and the amount of vacant floor space (always good to find a corner for a kip between bites ;D)

Love the "Jaffa" Colour, Lee didn't have it to himself for long 8) ;)

By the way,Thanks for the pm, still keen to see a bit more of "Wild Thing" :o :o

Cheers
Craig

Nice box of Trout too !!

Wyoming
24-06-2005, 03:35 AM
Col - now that IS a special boat and I too am envious. Thanks for the tip re contacting the guy from Navman - he solved my question on the spot, so we are back in business.

Fisher_Boats
24-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Afew more pics
Burley pipe

Fisher_Boats
24-06-2005, 10:31 AM
The seat It folds down as well

Fisher_Boats
24-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Fore deck

Fisher_Boats
24-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Top View

CQ_Fisher
24-06-2005, 11:50 AM
love it, Col, i absolutely love it!! :o

JD

chemmy
24-06-2005, 12:15 PM
wanna swap ;D ;D ;D ;D

SNAFU
24-06-2005, 01:12 PM
nice rig col.i was up at your shop befor easter looking and liked what i saw specialy red c/c 4.5 going to victoria.was going to wait till spring to order one when 2 days after i saw you i was banging my way back from middle of bay (4.2 sea jay) with some mackies bouncing all over when i saw one of yours slicing it up comming back also.just happned to pull up next to him comming into manly and went close for a sticky beak,said "nice boat" and he said "yes do you want to buy it,am too old and wife too sick for me to use it ".so i am now owner of podded 4.8 1200 wide c/c with 60 4 stroke yammie. ;D :D ;D.great ride ,will keep for 12 months,sell and come to see you for a 4.8 podded runabout painted with 90 suzie or 100 yammie.(always wanted one anyway) if still got job.have seen lots of fishers on bay and they are tops.saw 2 4.8 runabouts together at harries other day and they looked good in water both stoped and going.
SNAFU

craigie
24-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Col,

WHAT A CRACKER MATE !!

Maybe I can buy this one off you in a few years time, prior to your NEW one being built ;D ;D
I see it's equiped with the Ballast system as well.
No doubt she will be a fabulous rig out on the barwons when not being towed up to the deep North.

What are the dimensions for the front casting deck ?
Possibly enough room there to throw down a sleeping bag ?

Regards
Craig.S.

fly_1
24-06-2005, 02:10 PM
looks good Col, does this mean we will fish your boat in Oct for the comp??

Fisher_Boats
25-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Chemmy.you wish jellyfish ;D

Snafu you must of picked up old Merv's boat. Does it still have the timber wheel? The new model 480's are a bit bigger then the older ones but pretty well the same hull shape.

Craigie It's 1.5mtrs long. I've planned to put a pull up cover from the bow to the console to crawl under and have a nap. It's on the to do list.

Fly_1 Is that you Trent you sneaky bugger ? ;D I got a set of outriggers there will have to get them fitted so we can chase a few of those billed things. Got a DR on it. Have to stay away from them shots this time :P

Cheers Col

JB
25-06-2005, 05:33 AM
Col, any chance of getting a few "on water / in action " shots for us ausfishers? Or are you going to add the model pics to the website?

Other question, is 140 the max hp for the rig or middle of the scale?

Jas

Fisher_Boats
25-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Jason,
I'll get a few pics no prob's
I'm going to put a 175 Suzi on it when they are released. The 140 does the job. Cruises 22 knts at 4,500 rpm's does 30 kts wot 6000rpm's. Still playing with the prop at the moment getting it cupped a bit more.
It will end up around 18 pitch. Top speed isn't everything. I beleive cruising around 20-23kts through most conditions at the lowest possible rev's is the go.

Cheers Col

Sportfish_5
25-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Col - Is that a manual override brake trailer under her ? Can you get away with that same trailer on a 6m cuddy cab version of same hull ?

Still doing my sums and negotiatons with the minister for war and finances ;D

Cheers

Greg

fly_1
25-06-2005, 07:31 AM
You guessed right col, I thought the name might give it away!? The new boat looks great, just hoping we dont spill to much of that bundy stuff on your roof this year on the run home?!?

fly_1
25-06-2005, 07:40 AM
whats this 175hp stuff, stick a 200 onit!!!

Fisher_Boats
25-06-2005, 09:50 AM
whats this 175hp stuff, stick a 200 onit!!!
Petrol head ;D
Mate we can always hose the bundy off all over your old man 8)

Greg,
It's too borderline... need the sensa brakes unfortunately.

Cheers Col

chemmy
25-06-2005, 04:39 PM
oh how i do

mickey7
26-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi col,
what about the 6.0 metre maxi with walk around cab as far as trailers and towing etc.
p.s. lovely boat,anxsios for mine to be born.
Regards mickey.

dfox
26-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I expect to spot you on the water soon then col, whats with this forward steering? Id expect a 175 tiller steer after that last job! lol. Seriously thou, nice boat! ...foxy

SNAFU
26-06-2005, 01:32 PM
col,yes it was merves boat and yes it did have the SS minow wood wheel on it (work of art that,all hand made),it also had a silky oak high rise bait board on back.(something to behold, the most beautiful timber work and joinery i've ever seen but not practical for my uses )it is now minus both and painted inside.the wheel will look good in house with ships clock / baromater mounted on it and the silky oak will go to a good home.i agree with you about speed not being everything.mine has got 60 four banger yamie on it like dave loves and it tops out at about 28 knots at 6000 rpm but i run it at around 4500-5000 for about 19-23 knots and in the bays slop that is just right.dont know how it will go chasing spotties though as it cavitates in tight turnes. any sugestions ,the height looks good, mabey a foil would help.what do you think.
ps the ride is soft and dry ;D
SNAFU

Jack_Lives_Here
26-06-2005, 04:30 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] That's a big triple thumbs up Col and to blood it with those pesky red fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Love the colour

Angla
26-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Good looking rig there. Should be easy to see the orange hull as she passes. Best of fishing to you and the crew.

Angla

Fisher_Boats
28-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Foxy. I don't think my left arm's big enough for the 175 ;D
See you out there one of these days.

Snafu, Your engine shouldn't cavitate if you have it trimmed right in. Would have to have a look at the height. Got a feeling that Merv had someone else fit the engine. Drop by one day and I'll have a look. Merv gave me a wooden snapper for a wall plaque when we built him the boat. Sure does great work with the timber.

Cheers Dave and angla

Mickey7....sorry ??? ??? ES?

Cheers Col

poss
28-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Great looking boat col a few guys in the Mackay area have fisher boats and they love them. they seem to handle the crap weather we get up here better than some other plate boats,I would love to change brands.

WOOPI
01-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Great boat Col, ;D
I'am very happy with "Woopi Girl" that you built for me, if your rig preforms as will as Woopi, Well mate you have got this building boat thing right, your red fish are a bit small ::)next time you are up here I will show you where you can catch some real red fish.
Cheers Rod. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]