PDA

View Full Version : Easyrider

QldKev
10-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I have just purchased an Easyrider 156, does anyone have any info on these. I've done a google/yahoo search without much luck.

Kev

Mick-P
10-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I had a 166 easy rider about 3 boats ago and she was a great old work horse. My dad got her about 15-20 years ago and she saw 100's of trips out through Sydney heads. The hulls are very capable in a decent sea but they are getting on in years these days. When we sold ours, the hull was still in excellent condition considering the age, they were a boat built to last.

drb
11-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I have an easyrider 166 that I converted to a centre console. Conversion was designed totally with flyfishing in mind.

Boat actually used to be Steve Browns (ausfish owner).

Great hull shape, great sea boat.

NQCairns
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I used to head out of port stephens every now and then in a 156 easyrider, it was a good boat, nice and stable at rest for size. Our trips carried mostly 2 20 stone fellas and neither of us had to keep an eye on where the other was when moving about.
The boat had an old flywheel rated 55hp that was over propped still it used to plane well enough, it used to broach every now and then but in this case I think it was the engine and setup that heightened it (I never drove it to find out for sure), with not enough thrust spare to power up and force trim when needed. It was a well built and solid old girl also.
Hope you enjoy her. cheers nq

reefraider_II
13-07-2005, 08:33 AM
yes kev i had one, like you couldnt find much info at all.It was powered by a 120 v4 evinrude, great boat.How is yours? what has it got pushing it and how have you found it
cheers marty

Lundy
13-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Kev,
My inlaw had a 156 with a bad case of rot in the floor. Needed major work.
Sorry
Steve

QldKev
13-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. Seems like a good shaped hull for inshore use, reminds me of the swiftcraft viking i had, just a smaller scale. Mine has a 85hp with power tilt behind it. 120hp on a 15 footer, would have been some fun :) Mine needs a bit of work. The steering is stiff, and yep the floor has got 1 or 2 soft spots. The trailer was in good nick and the outer hull is excellent, motor sounds nice and smooth. I though it could be a good project boat.
Kev

reefraider_II
13-07-2005, 03:36 PM
This was the boat ,I actually think it was a 16 ft but we used it off shore heaps it went very well had good wieght and handled chop better than the boat I have now.