PDA

View Full Version : Stereo & Trailer Protectors, Video

loozitt
14-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Does anybody know who has the cheapest marine stereo available. And what brand would you reccomend.Most I've seen is the GME type, is there others, and how do they compare.

Also, chasing the red poly protectors that slip on the back of your trailer to protect your hull when retrieving your boat.

Also chasing a copy of the bar crossing video

Thanks

anthony_love
14-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Clarion do some awesome units. Not too dear either. Their top of the range unit is only $599 retail.

I generally like GME gear but my concern with their marine stereros is that they are in a sealed box which surely is vulnerable to water ingress, and then the unit is going to suffer.

The clarion units on the other hand are water resistant in their own right.

If your stereo is in a sheltered spot it mightn't matter so much, but I'm thinking of putting a stereo in my little 400 Hornet Trophy....and there's no shelter at all! For this reason alone I am looking at the clarion units and not the GME.

Unfortunately the Clarion (Australia) website appears to be under redevelopment at the moment, but if you go to the www.clarion.com site and select USA, you can find MARINE AUDIO and check out the CMD4 - it's the one with the watertight faceplate.

gropeher
14-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I have a cd player on my boat.
i dont use it, noise while fishing? :'(

bungie
14-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I used a Kenwood CD unit and placed it in a waterproof box.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/bungie/images/cdfront.jpg

Then I placed a plug on the back and its partner under the dash, this means I can pull out the unit each time I come home

www.users.bigpond.net.au/bungie/images/cdback.jpg

Fishin_Dan
14-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Doesnt the big hole at the back where the cables come out defeat the purpose of it being a "waterproof box"? ::) :-X

phewy
14-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I'd say weatherproof instead. But looks good bungie :)

bungie
14-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Ahh but the key words "where under the dash" #;D only the front of the case sticks out beyond the dash, and like most car radio's now, its remote control so the front doesn't get opened while im out and about.

The big hole is for the bloody antena cable :)