PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird Sounders

bj
22-07-2005, 05:25 AM
Just got a copy of F&B and was reading about the new Humminbird sounders to be released soon. Ressolution 480vx854. 8000w peak to peak & 1000w rms, all the usual features and then some, rrp $2590. Never had anything to do with Humminbhird products before, how are they with backup and service etc? They also have a G.P.S. compatable screen. Certainly look to have the edge on a lot of the others and at a reasonable price.

reefraider_II
22-07-2005, 12:05 PM
i think BLA is the distributer,I had a hummingbird wide portrait.It was about 3 years ago and I had a few problems with the sounder turning off to high and low voltage spikes off the alternator in the outboard.I took it to them and it was a problem with the unit they fixed it in 2 days.They actually repaired it there at BLA on Wynnum Rd.But as for unit it went very well after that.It had speed and temp sensors and all worked well.-marty

bay_firey
22-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Can't complain about BLA's service

I have a Matrix 55 and was having an intermitant fault with the GPS.
Sent it off to them and there report was
"Unable to replicate problem"
"Replaced GPS unit to sure"
Can't complain at that - unable to find fault but hey we will replace it anyway

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Burley_Boy
23-07-2005, 11:40 AM
THey replaced my unit as well when they could not fault it. Their repair and service section is hard to fault and have always done the right thing by me. if they didn't have such great support Id' buy in the US but I have required support on both of my units, I suppose that is good and bad.. but the first issue was with a transducer which can get bad hits in the water the second was a fault they could not locate. Both units were replaced immediately.