PDA

View Full Version : Novacraft

deanybean
25-07-2005, 08:59 AM
thinking of buying a 5m Novacraft Gringo with 115johno to be used for offshore fishing.Would this be a good sea going hull ???
thanks.

TonyM
26-07-2005, 05:34 AM
Hi Deanybean

I used to own a 5m Nova and found it to be a great boat. They used to have the nickname roll over nova, although I have never heard of any such occurance - the day I test drove it we had a strong wind warning and it was blowing 35-40 knots. Normally I don't go out if it's over 20 so it was a real test for the boat and it blew me away how well it handled the conditions.

I particularly liked the high sides. Of course there are nicer boats around but they cost a lot more $$$, all round I'd say they're pretty good bang for your buck.

Having said this I rarely cross any bars, basically I don't need to to get good fish! So if you are you might like to wait for feedback from those who have more experience in that area as I can't comment on it's ability there.

NQCairns
26-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Like all good boats they were styled on the Bertram 'Moppie' hulls but changed just enough to add individuality. Savage, Hainse echo the original as does many others, if the gringo hull looks anything like this one I dont think it will do much wrong at all.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Boats;action=display;num=1109924758 ;start=all