PDA

View Full Version : "Low" Boats

bidkev
22-07-2005, 06:31 PM
May soon be in the market for another boat. Trouble is that I'm zero lotted and have no room round the side of the house.

A while ago I saw a 5.6 rig that had a collapsible cuddy but I can't remember the name of it?

What I'm looking for is something with offshore capabilities (5.5 to 6m) but with cuddy/cabin 2 berth that would fit under a normal garage (mine's 8 metres deep). The deckie and kids are sick of getting a soaking.

Any ideas?.......and don't tell me to sell up and move.......I just have ;D

cheers

kev

blaze
22-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Jack up the house
dig up the floor
I know really no help
cheers
blaze

steve_n
23-07-2005, 02:43 AM
Kev the Barcrusher has a fold down rocket launcher and is supposed to go into a normal garage. My Signature 540f juuust gets under a 2.7 high door with roller (actual height to door 2.4). Misses the top of the windscreen by about 1". ;) Just have to make sure the door is right up!!! :o :o :o
Steve

Mr_Bean
23-07-2005, 04:12 AM
From the Barcrusher website regarding their 5.6 metre cuddy -

"The folding roof and windscreen folds into the boat in seconds to allow for the boat to be stored in a standard height garage."

www.barcrusher.com.au

Trouble is you will have about a 4 month wait in the queue for a new one with almost none available 2nd hand, (if they interest you).

- Darren

This is the bigger one, but they look the goods for rough water

fishin_till_late
23-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Have a read through the "dunbier" boat trailer website and look under faq's the 5th question is about how ure going to choose the right trailer for the boat and look at the 4th dot point this is wot it states;

And finally you need to think about where you will be storing your boat. Some places are governed by a height restriction whilst other a width restriction or even a length restriction. For height restricted areas Dunbier offer “wide” frame models that may assist if this is a concern. The trailer is wider allowing the boat to sit deeper into the trailer, however this may not be the answer for everyone. You can get over all lengths and widths of our trailers by clicking on the model trailer that you are interested in, or from our trailer catalogue.

hope this helps your situation mate! ;)

basserman
23-07-2005, 01:44 PM
most boat (cuddlys) but not all will fit in a standed garage however you will need to make sure i the high on the jocky (wound down) to the top of the screen
for example my southwind could fit if i foled down the big rocket launcher and clears however it is much easyer to leave them up and i have the tinny in here as well as a work play area for myself ;)
as for what to do i would sergust go out to clarks and buy the deckies some of them yellow raincoats ;D

noluck
23-07-2005, 01:47 PM
JBS or joshua boats from springwood ther got folds down
top with rocket launcher.
cheers no_luck

lordy
23-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Jack up the house
dig up the floor
I know really no help
cheers
blaze

I was going to suggest buy the boat you want and park it under the house "real fast". The boat and house will find a happy medium. ;D

Sportfish_5
23-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Gee - I bet that was a nice soft landing :o :o :o :o

bidkev
25-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the responses lads.

I really like the look of the bar crusher cuddy 6.1. The 5.4 is a bit short on the bunk space and I'll need to christen the boat with the deckie now won't I? ;-)

May be a long time coming though. The deckie's inheritance (aka new boat) ;D has been dragging on for over 18 months now and the exchange rate is going against us all the time.

Gee you're lucky here in Oz......40% inheritance tax over in the UK and they want it up front before they grant probate.
We need probate to sell the house to pay the tax, and they want the tax before they give the probate...the world's gone mad I tell you! ???

cheers

kev

Dignity
26-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Kev, I've got an Allison Vision 195 and it sits real low and fits easily under a garage,height with Bimini down is only 2.1M, only problem you might encounter is the width, mine is 2.3m and the garage opening is 2.4, it's a bloody tight fit as it takes a bit to turn dual axle trailers.

Sam