PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Outboards

Fishin_Dan
28-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Didn't want to steal Tengals's thread, so starting a new one...

Can anyone tell me of somewhere reliable I could go to trade in my 1988 evinrude 40HP outboard to a newer (Still secondhand - but 90's model) 40 or 50HP outboard. Just want 2 stroke.

Am looking for somewhere that is RELIABLE, and not a dodgy backyard job. I know it's a bit of an obscure question, but hopefully someone knows the answer!

basserman
28-07-2005, 03:08 PM
trade in for outboards is lame at best
your better off selling it sencond hand throught the tradeing post here or something like that and then useing that money with your other money to get the best deal you can ;)

NQCairns
28-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Ditto Basserman.

tengals123
28-07-2005, 05:57 PM
ok.....so someone sell me their 90hp mid 90's of the back of there boat :P
*jokes*

cheers

Fishin_Dan
28-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah thanks Tengals!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I guess I need to figure out quick smart if it is financially viable for me to replace it... River City Marine will be doing some work for me on the motor soon, and the outcome of that will determine if I HAVE to replace it, or if it's just a "want"....

But if I need to purchase a second hand motor, anywhere I should be looking? (Apart from all the wonderful people on here of course! ;D )

basserman
30-07-2005, 12:54 PM
really a case of walking into as many marin shops as you can and asking if they have anything or if they know anyone and apart from the out of the trading post or the like
however atleast with getting out out of a shop you can get them to put a work shop warrinty on it ;)

Fishin_Dan
30-07-2005, 12:58 PM
however atleast with getting out out of a shop you can get them to put a work shop warrinty on it ;)

That's the reason I was wondering about a shop... And as half of them out there are dodgy, wanted to know if anyone knew of reliable ones.... Just have to wait and see I guess...

Also depends on what I could get for trade-in. I know it would be less than what I could sell it for privately, but nowhere near the hassle!

Jimmyd
01-08-2005, 04:50 AM
G'day Fishin_Dan,

It might be worth the effort to contact Toowoomba Waterskiers Warehouse as I recently traded a Yamaha CV40 forward control with only 60 hrs approx on it for a Evinrude E-tec 40. It might save you a few dollars.

Jimmy