PDA

View Full Version : Converting aus geo 84 to wgs 84

agnes_jack
31-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I think this has been covered before, but I couldn't find the thread.
I have a stack of marks in the aus geo 84 datum, that I want to convert to wgs 84. Can anyone give me the differences or the easiest method to convert them with?

Thanks... Tony

SCOTTYGC
31-07-2005, 09:07 AM
send them down to me tony and i will convert them for you ::)

scotty

agnes_jack
31-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah Right!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Might catch at the trade show Scotty, or at a pub in the general vicinity ;)

Regards, Tony ;D ;D

banshee
31-07-2005, 12:20 PM
G'day Tony,Go into the system or set up menu in your unit and find the list of datums,change your unit over to AGD 84 enter the marks then change it back to WGS 84,unit will do it for you.

chanquetas
31-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Ive got a geodetic program somewhere that does that and lots more....must find it.

agnes_jack
01-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Banshee
Trouble is My gps doesn't have aus geo 84 in it's list of available datums. :-/
I may have to borrow one with agd84 on it.
Thanks for that mate, are you doing the trade show this year?

Regards, Tony

Mantaray
01-08-2005, 06:02 AM
What sort of gps doesn't have the australian datum?

agnes_jack
01-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Manta
Just found it :D
Mines a Garmin gps 12
Its in the list as Astrln geod 84
I have been overlooking it thinking it was Austrian geod 84 ::)

DUH ::) ::)
Thanks for the help fella's
Regards, Tony ;D ;D 8)

banshee
01-08-2005, 12:38 PM
G'day Tony,depends entirely on how I behave in the next couple of weeks......there hasn't been a lot of talk about it so I might have to work in the shop,will let you know later.

Smithy
03-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Where is Kerry?

Tony,

I have the same problem. #I don't think it is that easy. #My old hand-held would jump between the datums i.e. on the water you would jump between the two and out on the water you would suddenly find yourself 150+ metres away. #With my new one but same company (lost the old one when we went over on the bar goddam it) on the water it doesn't change. #I am sure Kerry went into this one time on here. #Anyway I am experimenting with my uploading and downloading on Oziexplorer. #On it you can load your waypoints then resave the map they are sitting on to the other datum. #Only thing is it changes the numbers of the waypoints. #With my old GPS it seemed to keep the numbers the same which was good for swapping with mates but if you change them then they are getting stuff on the wrong datum. #My problem is I have some in both datums. #All my good marks are icons in AGD84 so I will give them preference. #With Oziexplorer there is also an option to upload and download in different datums on the configuration screen. #If all your marks are in AGD84 then you are made. #Let it do it for you but I can tell you by how far out they will be in a I think it is mostly in a South direction and about 134m and a little bit West by West by 48m. That is #I mostly search north south now when sounding as that is the main difference in the marks between the two. #I was interested to read about Tonk in BnB having his marks up to 500m away then he has to remember which direction to go from there. #That is a bit like I do with icons/events.

murf
22-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Manta
Just found it :D
Mines a Garmin gps 12
Its in the list as Astrln geod 84
I have been overlooking it thinking it was Austrian geod 84 ::)

DUH ::) ::)
Thanks for the help fella's
Regards, Tony ;D ;D 8)

you just answered a question for me, thanks Tony

Cheers Murf

PS see you in 20 days at the M&G