PDA

View Full Version : new boat -expensive trailer surprise

troy
19-07-2005, 02:28 PM
does anyone know the legal carrying capacities of trailers.
i am getting a new 625 cruise craft outsider built and i was originally quoted 4200.00 for a tandem trailer.
today cruise craft e.mailed the dealership that because they added structural foam the trailer would be illegal.
now i need a trailer with electric brakes which will set me back another 2700.00.
does anyone know whether this is correct as the whole rig is over 2.2 tonnes
thanks troy

Brett_Hoskin
19-07-2005, 02:39 PM
i think that the dealer should honour the original quote for the package.

spen175
19-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow, that seems so high :o

is that a boat, motor and trailer weight and what was the weight before the 'structuraly foam' was added?

Personally, I think this sort of thing is outside the dealers control ie product change by the manufacturer, however sympathise with you over the dielima it has obvisiousy put you in.

How to get through it? Sorry NFI.

Steve

Steven78
19-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Quote is a Quote....
They still get there large sales commission.
Read your sales contract as this is your guide.
I wish you luck

troy
19-07-2005, 03:24 PM
bret
the dealership is honoring the quote it is cruise craft that has contacted them and are advising them that it is now not legal.
they will still sell me the original trailer but they advise me to go by the regulations and i know members have a lot bigger boats than mine hence why i am asking for advise.
troy

Sportfish_5
19-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Troy - that is a hard break to get right at the end of the deal. I wouldn't be real happy either BUT those 625 Outsiders must go very close to requiring electric brakes when all fuelled up and ready to fish. How much extra weight is there when the flotation foam is put in ?

Cheers

Greg

TonyM
19-07-2005, 04:21 PM
With such a nice boat Troy I reckon I'd go the brakes option if it was anywhere near borderline, both from a safety point of view and protecting the investment.

Maybe it will ease the pain a little if you consider the brakes as lifetime insurance :-/

I guess worse still could be if you go without the brakes and the boys in blue get you at a weighbridge... I imagine it would be even more expensive to upgrade the trailer after the initial purchase? ???

David_P
19-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Troy,

I'd suggest you will be so close to the limit that it would be wise to go the hydraulic breaking option (ie break away brakes). I wouldn't be surprised that once fuelled and geared up for a trip that you go over the limit, which I think for Qld is 2000kg.

I have sens-a-brakes fitted to my trailer and they are great. The first thing I did when I picked up my boat new was to put it over a weigh bridge and it came in at 2380kg. I reckon once I'm fuelled, watered, iced and geared up for a few days away I'm pushing close to 2900kg. The brakes I have, have no trouble pulling me up when loaded.

Dave.

dave22
19-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Troy, unless your 625 is the very first one of the rank, in regard to the new foam being put in, i would find it very annoying that Cruise Craft, did'nt bother contacting their dealers/you before now and let them/you know of the weight penalties for the foam. These boats have been out for a fair while now. All the brochures that i've seen on CC give BMT, which is a very rough guide. I don't know why they don't give you the hull weight like other manufacturers. In this day and age i would'nt think it would be to hard to weigh a basic hull with basic fittings.

Spaniard_King
19-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Be a shame to have an accident towin ya nice new cruisycraft around only to be wiped by the insurance company for not comforming to the regulations :-X

Troy, you are really asking us if you should take the risk are you not??

"NO" Get the breakaway system

Garry

NQCairns
19-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Troy something is amiss 2lb/foot3 foam weighs close to 36kg/m3 a typicaly fitted out 18 foot boat needs around .7 m3 to float it. Even assuming your boat would need twice this and at a stretch they used 4lb/foot3 foam they may have been cutting the original trailers max load very fine.
I would ask some questions like were they going to sell you a boat on a trailer you couldnt legally tow after you fueled up unless the bag of bait traveled in the car? or is it now because of the foam the above senario ??? therefore the need for expensive brakes. Foam could put you over the edge but you would have had to have been balancing already. I suspect you needed them all along, who knows it could be the dealers 'come in spinner' ::)

Honest +-100kg weight estimates from manufacurers would actually help the industry. If you do need the brakes buy them aftermarket and fit them yourself couln't be too hard (I guess?) gotta be cheaper.nq

Daintreeboy
19-07-2005, 06:27 PM
As for the original quote, the dealer should upgrade you free of charge. Otherwise they would have supplied you an illegal product. Sure they may not have known although they should have the boat specs on them and in my opinion it's them that should take it up with the manufacturer as to who foots the bill on this one.
I think you should have the electric brakes option but the dealer or manufacturer should pay the difference as it was their mistake, not yours. Let us know how it pans out.
Cheers, Mark.

noluck
19-07-2005, 07:12 PM
does anyone know the legal carrying capacities of trailers.
i am getting a new 625 cruise craft outsider built and i was originally quoted 4200.00 for a tandem trailer.
today cruise craft e.mailed the dealership that because they added structural foam the trailer would be illegal.
now i need a trailer with electric brakes which will set me back another 2700.00.
does anyone know whether this #is correct as the whole rig is over 2.2 tonnes
thanks troy
troy
dealer can not supplied you an illegal product
Quote is a Quote.... i would not pay .if they have to fit brakes they have to do so
good luck and wish you best with new boat
cheers no_luck

SeaSaw
19-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Troy,

Doesn't add up if you ask me, sounds like the dealer was quoting low on the trailer to get your business, and then hitting you with extras .... maybe I am just suspicious ???

Also make sure you are not getting electric brakes (i.e caravan brakes) because they are useless in salt water. You need a good set of electric/hydraulic brakes like the ones suggested by David_P. For the extra cost quoted it sounds like electric/hydralic, but best to be sure.

Cheers,

Mark

banshee
20-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Scrimping on the trailer is something that dealers are known for,my Cruise Craft was twelve months old before I read an article on the topic,a trip to the weigh bridge showed mine was 485 kgs over the limit for the trailer it was on,I contacted Cruise Craft and they explained to me that they give the dealer the specs and he turns up with the trailer they lift it on and it's gone,they informed me of my rights and were very keen to hear of the outcome,I took it back to the dealer with the weigh bridge certificate and apart from a few sour looks from the boss it was fixed without any argument free of charge.In my opinion a quote is a quote,I would be holding them to it and if they scrimp on the trailer get it weighed and make them fix it.

walruss
20-07-2005, 10:34 AM
The overall package exceeding 2 tonnes is not uncommon. from memeory the BMT package for a 625 was given a weight of approx 1980kg. 20 kg under the "limit". You will exceeed this limit with just fuel. It is the dealers obligation to supply you with a trailer that is legally capable of carrying the boat that they have quoted you a price on. If you allow for the weight that from the boat and trailer is placed onto the car via the towball, this is generally in the 120-150kg range is lowers the BMT weight. That is what a lot of dealers are allowing for in their calculations. That the specified weight of the BMT is going to be less due to the weight transferred onto the car.
Given the dealer has given you a written quote for supply of that boat and trailer it may pay to seek some legal advice about who is going to pay for the brakes.
Whilst the extra money is not pleasant the braking system will be much safer and of a great benefit.
Good luck

Russ

jimbo59
20-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Believe me elec/hyd brakes arnt that good,oh they work ok but the pistons seize easily and when u havnt used the rig for a couple of weeks u hit the brakes and one or two just stick on and over heat your disc stuffing your wheel bearings. i still believe dual machanical is the best,anyway even if it comes off the ball, the chains should pull her up.Yep dual mechanical with a bonnet strut for the breakaway.

troy
20-07-2005, 03:27 PM
thanks for the replies,i contacted cruise craft today and the foam plus modifications has increased the weight of the boat by over 200 kgs.
so to be legal i have to wear it .
thanks troy

David_P
20-07-2005, 03:29 PM
There is an excellent mag on the topic of trailers and towing available at the moment. I can't put my hand on my copy (God knows what I've done with it), but I think it is called "Trailers and Towing" by the Seamedia Group, ie the guys that built the Salty 27. Have a look at your newsagent and your sure to find it.

They go into great detail on different trailer set ups and the legalities. I'm sure they said that some will try to justify the weight of the BMT by weighing it coupled to the tow vehicle, therefore removing the towball load from the BMT weight. They go on to state that if you happen to get pulled up by the scalies, then they will disconnect the BMT from the tow vehicle and weigh the BMT on it's own.

So, if you are relying on this method, then beware. Another way to look at this too is that you may never get caught by the scalies, but should the unthinkable happen and you're involved in an accident when towing, and your BMT is not legal, then be prepared to not get any insurance cover. Should someone be injured, then be really worried!!! Not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned.

So far as the comment of the brakes seizing up, well I've had no problems with this (yet). I try and hose my trailer and brakes after each dunking (always submerge to drive on / off), and if I can't do this then I give the callipers and disks a good spray of Inox. My trailer cost me $8400, so I want to look after it as much as possible. As I said earlier, I find the sens-a-brakes pull me up in a flash.

Dave.

Heath
20-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Just what you don't need Troy.
But! Was at the CC factory last week and saw a BEAUTIFULL 625 Outsider having the final touches put on her, only one in the shop, so my guess is it's your baby. You'll be more than happy with her. I got to go back later this week, I'll sneak a couple of pictures for you if I get the chance ;)

boatboy50
20-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey Troy,

Dont ware it. Any salesman worth being in the industry should know that boat weighs over two tonne in running trim. Even without foam that boat would be over two tonne with fuel.

I will quote from F&B magazine issue #106, a test on this model Cruise Craft. "This rig is reported to weigh in the vacinity of 2100kg. This weight places the boat in the bracket where the boat requires a break away braking system."

The original quotation was wrong in the first place, which you should not have been expected to realise, that is the salesman or his bosses job. They should have to wear the cost. If not all at least some. I personally would contact Fair Trading to see where you stand, and what their obligations are.

Im sure it can be worked out between the two parties happily, but make sure you know the regs. Any boat over two tonne requires an electric/hydraulic breakaway system fitted to at least two wheels, and without it the boat is uninsured on its trailer and illegal.

Did you buy from Wynnum Marine? I thought their salesman would have known better.

Dont get taken for a ride Troy, sort them out. We don't need these sorts of mishaps in the industry.

Regards
Darren

reefraider_II
20-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Is it worth maybe asking the dealer to meet half way??? might save you some$-marty

PinHead
20-07-2005, 06:58 PM
This post shows that buying a package from a dealer can be better in the long run..the dealer is liable for ALL the equipment supplied.

troy
21-07-2005, 12:04 PM
i might be a bit to trusting here but i do not think that the dealer is trying to get more money out of me as he is suppling me with the dearer trailer even though i am paying.
as far as refusing to pay the extra as some have said a quote is a quote but i have a feeling they would tell me to take a hike and sell it to someone else.
and if i am to trusting then the good deal i thought i did is not that smart after all.
very confused even though paying the extra is probably the right thing to do it still leaves you feeling funny as i just overspent and went for the 175 hpdi instead of the 175 with carbies.
anyway thanks everyone.
troy

Heath
21-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Troy,
out of interest, has the dealer wrote down the model of the trailer on your quote?

troy
21-07-2005, 03:29 PM
hi heath no mate no model number just the brand of trailer.
cheers
troy

westie
21-07-2005, 04:04 PM
If you are not happy then CANCLE the boat,
If what you are telling us is true, they made the decision to change the specs after the deal was signed for, then they need to bare the aditional cost.
YOU are not the one that put the package together the guy that signed you up should have been aware it was close to the weight.
Was there any mention when signing up of the extra weight or foam. These dealers should have been told way in advance that the new models from X date will have this added weight and the cost will be greater or stay at the same price along with all the weight specs.
I would get in touch with CC and find out when they informed the dealer in writing of the changes.

Even ask another dealer the same questions to see if that is the case as you may find out that a update regarging the 625 was sent out months earlier, if so they made the mistake NOT YOU.

ONLY YOU know what they said at the time of sale and IF you think you are right then stand up for it.
It is YOUR money and peice of mind at the end of the day.

I Have been ripped off like a lot out there the differance is if someone made a mistake be it Him,You,Them,They or all need to be responsable for there actions.

It is all so easy for the dealer to say " Oh yes he is no longer with us,he cost US a lot of money, this gentleman will look after you now". I deal with the owner and the owner ONLY in any purchase i do, involving large amounts of money because the buck stop there. If the owner won't deal with you then go elsewhere, THEY will change there minds.

Heath
21-07-2005, 05:21 PM
hi heath no mate no model number just the brand of trailer.
cheers
troy

Mate if that is the case you have not a worry in the world. He is obliged to provide a trailer that is legal to carry the boat. Simple. If the model number was written on the quote then there is no issue that the trailer as specified in the quote was unsuitable unbeknown to the salesman.

By them not noting the trailer model number on the quote, you are well within your right to expect a trailer that is legally capable of carrying your boat.

Lets face it, who's going to buy a boat fully expecting the trailer that is provided with it does not meet minimum standards.

I would contact the ACCC and explain situation & get advise from them before fronting the dealer. I reckon at the moment the dealer is trying bluff his way out of footing the bill for his own mistake.

Rising Sun Marine is where you bought it?

Wxam
22-07-2005, 05:20 AM
When is a stand going to be made against dealers and trailer manufacturers who continually play this stupid game of under stating the bleeding obvious.

If a trailer sold with a boat can not meet the working weight of the combination then it is bloody illegal. It is no good the dealer taking an empty boat with no fuel, no nothing to a weigh bridge and saying because it is 20kg under the trailer it is legal, that is absolute rubbish. If a dealer or manufacturer does not have the gall to weigh the rig in working/road trim and that includes full tanks and all the other things that a person will require to take in the boat with some margin of safety then they need to be taken to the cleaners.

mal-laurie
22-07-2005, 06:11 AM
heath is right . ihave owned retail stores for the past 12 years and if this retailer is worth his salt he will do the right thing.
and give you a legal trailer for your new boat.

if the contract says what you say. go in hard and get the right stuff.

if they wont do it. walk away from the deal and order another one elsewhere.

cheers mal

troy
22-07-2005, 03:49 PM
i have a copy of the fax from cruise craft which will have everyone interested but i am having trouble posting it .
need help.
troy

Needmorerum
22-07-2005, 04:17 PM
If the dealer isn't going to do the deal as quoted, take your business somewhere else. If you are worried about having to wait for another package, give a couple of dealers a ring. The Cruise Crafts are hot items here in Gladstone, and our dealer carries a few of them in stock all the time. Not sure what size trailers are under the 625's, I know he uses Dunbier trailers. I got a Tinka under mine (575) and wish it was a Dunbier, but with the cost of them, I'm not going to change it until it's stuffed.

Corry

troy
23-07-2005, 03:42 PM
cruise craft
IMPORTANT TO ALL DEALERS
on an on going basis we have always made an effort to provide our customers with current and up to date specifications for all of our products.
a very important piece of information is relevant to the[overall weight] of any of our rigs that a customer may wish to tow.
since the release of our newest catalogue , there have been a number of specification changes to some of these models. those changes and inclusions, "fully Moulded floor" . ' fully moulded side panels , and foam filled floor' have increased the overall weight of most rigs.
You are requested to advise your customers that the weights published in the brochure are to be used as a guide only and that the weight of their rig can differ to what is published.
It is also most important that you advise your customers of the legal requirements for the trailer braking system, bearing in mind the variants from state to state. The cruiscraft 625 series of boats with all their recent changes since catalogue publication has increased in weight. A cruisecraft 625 fitted with a 150 hp engine, all STD options and a Redco Trailer weighs in at approximately 2.16 tonne.
This indicates that a T.E.H.(Tear away Electric, Hydraulic) Brake system will be required (please check your local state requirements).
Please ensure all of your sales staff and service teams are advised and that all potential customers are informed of these change.
Troy.

Heath
23-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Whats the date of that release Troy?

troy
24-07-2005, 02:20 AM
heath it was dated 14/7/05
i tried posting it but cannot do it .
troy

troy
24-07-2005, 03:41 PM
in this situation that i have been placed in what would members do .
just tell tell me your honest opinion and if it goes against me no worries.
but what is my options and are cruise craft in the right.
the thing that hurts me the most is when i am on the verge of nearly picking up my boat i suddenly have to find 3000.00
troy

blaze
24-07-2005, 04:03 PM
HI Troy
have you rung fair trading
I think you are being screwed
If it was me, I would walk away from the deal (in saying that I could not afford to do the deal any way)
At the end of the day troy its something you have to live with but without ringing fair trading you wont know your legal rights. (doesnt hurt to make the phone call while talking to the manager either)
cheers
blaze

Sportfish_5
24-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Personally I think that the dealer and Cruisecraft should work something out between themselves and you should stand your ground and walkaway if they dont. If your dealer provided you with a few trailer options during the early negotiations then I would probably think they too have been put in an akward situation by Cruisecraft rather than trying to shaft you at the last moment but you will need to make the call on that yourself Troy based on your dealings with them.

That memo to the dealers instructing them to tell customers to use the "New" brochure as a guide is the biggest load of crap - Fair-dinkum - no other industry could get away with publishing specifications like that - definitley not in the mining business I am in. Totally unprofessional IMO.

There are a few guys on this website that have some good ties with Cruisecraft/Wynumm Marine - maybe they could help out with a few phone calls to the right people and get this sorted out before the Cruisecraft name gets tarnished ?

Cheers

Greg

banshee
24-07-2005, 04:10 PM
G'day Troy,What you have to understand is that Cruise Craft supply the hull,the ultimate weight of the rig depends on what the dealer has to fit,ie the size/weight of the motor and extras,if you have not requested any extras after the initial quote then I would,after final inspection,simply hand them a copy of the quote with the cheque stapled to it,no doubt it will be hard ball from here in but I can't see you loseing as long as you stand your ground,as I said before a quote is a quote,you didn't enter into the agreement looking to screw them over,it's their problem.

Manjilad
24-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Yea a common problem in life - at settlement things have changed.
My approach:
1. Who is at fault on this issue? You or the suppliers?
You indicated it is the suppliers. They know that, so first they will want to get you to pay it all - if they can!- hey it is a game really-if you can keep your emotions under control and stay cool they will come to the party. If you refuse they will either want to get you to pay as much as possible or they would rather you walk.
I would simply tell them in a nice calm way that "this is all I agreed to pay", "The problem is their mistake not mine", "morally they should fix it, BUT I am willing to listen to their suggestions" and negotiate.
2. BEFORE I negotiate I must know:
a) Am I willing to pay it all or part of the increase (50% max)?
b) Am I willing to walk if they will not compromise?
c) What 2 other suppliers will NOW quote for me (in writing) for the exact same rig (can flash it during negotiations - why may even get a better price than the one you ordered on!)-I would even try and out of town dealer and even interstate just to get pricing guidance. If you really must have this rig - make sure you source the best price.
d)Contact CruiseCraft direct asking them for advice/assistance as the dealer is blaming them!

Negotiate and you will be a happy chappy!
My guess is that they will get cruiseCraft to compensate them and they will try to get you to pay half and they loose nothing!

Nice rig, nice choice, think long term in safety and investment
Cheers

PS Don't Cruise craft and Redco Trailers work very close? maybe CruiseCraft owns Redco?????!!!!! Why a wholesale priced trailer would solve everything!!!!

bungie
25-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Boat is ready to leave the factory ............ fax is dated 14/7/05

Now unless they build boats quicker than I think. Either this hull was made prier to the fax (its the old weight) or the fax went out after the hull was made (its the new weight)

If its the old weight and under the legal weight then no problem. If the fax went out after the hull was made, then again its not your problem if they stuff up :-/

angling-addict
25-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Personally, I'd pay nothing extra for it, if they won't come to the party, I'd be looking elsewhere. Even if I had to pay the extra for the trailer at another dealer, at least the original dealership isn't getting my business, as they obviously don't know there stuff. If they're this bad before you've got the boat, how are they gonna be if you have warranty problems >:(

Pay nothing, or walk, stick to your guns ;) $2000 extra is a lot of petrol to run the ole girl ;)

Cheers

Addict

Spaniard_King
25-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Troy,

Definately do not pay any extra. I think you should get some leagal advice on this, put the dealer under some pressure.

The dealer must have duty of care surely ::)

I think dealers can register trailers, could be worth mentioning their practises to the transport department.

regards

Garry

troy
25-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Angling Addict thanks for your reply and welcome to the site but the figure is 3000.00.
2790.00 plus 200.00 to have your vehicle done.
cheers
troy

angling-addict
25-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Thankyou for the welcome Troy 8) $3000 :o Mate, that's even worse :'( Even more reason IMO to buy elsewhere if they don't come to the party. I'd rather see the $ go to someone else, than to someone who's stuffed me around.

Like I said, what are they going to be like afterwards if you have any issues? We all know a lot of salesman/dealerships don't want to know you if you've got a problem, AFTER purchasing a product, and like to pass the buck :-/

Which ever way you go though, I hope you enjoy the new toy, and get plenty of use out of her. Great stuff champ ;)

Addict

banshee
25-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I definately would not be walking away let them know this is not an option,this is your boat and you have a contract,they would be sweating on you backing off or walking away they would have another dealer ready to take that boat now.

Needmorerum
25-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I know if you buy a Cruise Craft here, it comes on a Dunbier Trailer. No matter what, or when the boat was built, it is not your fault that the trailer isn't compatable to the weight. If the dealer stuffed up, which is what it sounds like, then they wear the extra costs, if Cruise Craft stuffed up, (which I doubt it, as all dealers have different agreements with trailers, same as they do outboard makes), then Cruise Craft should be picking up the bill.
There is no way that this should be coming out of your pocket, as you agreed on a price and a supposedly legal package, no extra costs should be coming from you.
I agree with Banshee, the deal is done, this is your boat, you shouldn't have to wait for another from another dealer, but if all turns to custard, and they won't come to the party, then I would tell them to stick it and go somewhere else. Not only for dollars, but the principle behind it.
Interested to see how things go,

Corry

troy
26-07-2005, 03:20 PM
i think i have made up my mind to walk away from cruise craft as i had a look of a quote wynnun marine gave me on the 20/5/05 and they quoted on a standard redco trailer priced at 4800.00.
so how do you work that one out as they are cruise craft and the boat was 2005 model.
where out of the blue does all this extra money come from.
i will not comment on this post again as i do not wish to give any business a bad name.
thanks to all of you .
troy

PinHead
26-07-2005, 03:31 PM
troy..your original psot said the trailer was 4200 and now it is 4800..how many quotes did u get from the one dealer or are they quotes from different dealers.

banshee
26-07-2005, 03:47 PM
That's your choice Troy,I would have held them to the original quote regardless of what ever trailer it came on(same Make),taken it to the weigh bridge and if the weights didn't come in as legal it would have gone straight back for the problem to be rectified at their expense.

Dignity
26-07-2005, 03:53 PM
You did the right thing Troy. Sounds like a ploy to get you to sign for the boat and then hit you with the costs later. Also as mentioned by others what will their after market service be like. Don't walk away from Cruise Craft boats because of one bad dealer. Keep looking, you will get what you want in the end.

Needmorerum
26-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah, whats the go here Troy, are you saying that you are walking away from Cruise Craft boats because of this one dealer. If so, I'm very disapointed.
Please let us know, what are your thougts.

Corry

troy
27-07-2005, 09:25 AM
pinhead .they are two different quotes.
troy

troy
27-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Corry the last thing i ever wanted to do was walk away from cruise craft especially when delivery was so close..
now i am not saying for one second that cruise craft is the best boat on the market but it was the boat i wanted.
i even travelled down #to brisbane that is how much effort i put into the research.But now Corry i do not see any other way for me to go as i originally got a quote from wynnun marine and it also was priced on the standard trailer.
now that only leaves me with 2 dealers in the state.
if from the beginning i was told the trailer was going to cost 7200.00 then it would not have been an issue as i would have budgeted different but at the last moment you are told you have to pay another 3000.00 well for me it is to hard and i do not have the money anyway.
troy

NQCairns
27-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Certainly a very unprofessional situation. Troy keep an eye out for a good near new used one they will come up, after 6 months even a new boat feels used anyway, pocket the savings. Just a thought.
Someone might buy one on 25year hire purchase and fire sale for half price after 6 months to get out of it.nq

familyman
27-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Troy it must be very frustrating for you to feel like this but you need to stick to your guns.It is very simple - if the spec changed after the quote then CC should foot the bill for the difference.If it was before the quote date then it is the dealers problem.If at any point after the quote was given you have changed the deal or requested extra options then obviously the price would change.BUT a quote is a quote and is a legal document.They can not sell you an unroadworthy trailer as (I would assume) the deal included registrations.Would they not have to get a weighbridge ticket for the whole bmt package for said registration? ???
As others have said take your case to the accc or fair trading and they will resolve it unless the dealer wants to be on current affair or similar ;D
Stand your ground and get the boat you have ordered and been hanging for,dont let them get away with making you pay for their stuff up. >:(
Anyone on this site that works for themselves or does quotes will tell you - if you forget something when quoting then BAD LUCK ,if the client moves the goalposts as it were then thats another matter ;D
good luck with it ,please let us know the outcome either way.
cheers jon

bobp
28-07-2005, 07:43 AM
troy

i got my 625 explorer from tweed coast one of the reason i went with them is that all of there 625 packages have had brakeaway brakes as standard. for atleast 9months now. they realized that they had a duite of care in regards to supplying a product that would comply with state towing regs once it was fitted out.
i am very happy with the service i have had from both
cruise craft and tweed coast marine. :)

bob

troy
28-07-2005, 01:06 PM
what does static mean.
i had a look at the weight of the explorer and it reads- weight bmt [static-150 hp]2196 kgs
troy

troy
28-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Family man
i signed the contract on the 7 /6/05 and cruise craft sent the e mail to the dealer on the 14/7/05 well after they started on building the boat.
troy

peterbo3
28-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Troy,
You have done the right thing. The cash is in YOUR pocket & there are plenty more boats out there. It is not like the world is running out of fibreglass or outboard motors or trailers. ::) ::)
Ya should be able to pick up a used LEGAL rig, put on state of the
art electronics & still have heaps left over.
;D ;D ;D ;D

familyman
29-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Troy in that case the dealer may have some claim for compensation from CC over the difference in required trailer specs .If I was the dealer I would be looking for some support from the manufacturer of the boats I was trying to sell for them,I would at least persue a 50/50 settlement of additional costs if not getting CC to pay for all of the difference.Make no mistake ,Troy at no point ,in any way whatsoever are you liable for the extra cost of the higher spec trailer .Its not just a matter of a more optioned trailer ,its the difference between one that is legal and roadworthy and a cheaper one that is ILLEGAL and dangerous given the weight of the rig .
Thats my rant anyhow ;D
Troy I hope you enjoy whatever rig you get in the end,remember its all about having fun ,that is why we do it. :)
chers jon

gunna
30-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Troy - just out of interest - did they give you a 100% refund on your deposit ??

troy
30-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I have some very good news late yesterday the dealer offered to fit the wiring to my truck for free and also knocked 900.00 of the trailer.
today they again contacted me and said cruise craft will take off 1000.00 off the price of the boat which it means that we are going thirds in the increase and i appreciate the jesture from both parties.
also i would not have been able to do this with out the help i received from you people in ausfish to which i am very greatful.
thanks very much troy

blaze
30-07-2005, 02:03 PM
great news troy
cheers
blaze

troy
30-07-2005, 03:47 PM
blase it is great news and it also creates confidence in Rising #Sun Marine and Cruise Craft.
i am very happy with both parties and you now know that you can have faith in them.
troy

familyman
30-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Troy that is great news ;D ;D
Pleased to hear that the dealer/CC came to the party for the most part.As they say in sales "the customer is always right"
Good luck with it mate ,waiting on pics of the new baby ;)cheers jon

Needmorerum
30-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Yep, well done Troy, you can know rest in piece knowing that a good deal was done and you got the support from both manufacturer and dealer. It pays to be patient and hold your ground.
Being a CC owner, it is good to hear that they are willing to do what they can.
Enjoy your new rig, and look forward to seeing some photo's,

Corry

Bosunsmate
31-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Congrats troy, the boss obviously got the guilts...look forward to seeing some pics of the new rig.

Angla
31-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Troy, Good to see you stuck it out. My 575 outsider has been great for 18 months now and Tweed marine did me right. It took me six years to work out what I wanted (while I owned an old Coxcraft Rumrunner) and the waiting was well worth it.
Would love to see the pics of boat and fishing reports for a long time to come.

You Know their ignorance is not a defence in this matter and the price should have been honoured IMO

Angla

Going across Moreton today with wife and daughter

Angla
31-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Whale watching today and we were thrilled to see them around Flinders reef

slugo
31-07-2005, 09:46 PM
congrats troy; excellent news happy for ya [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

nicko233
02-08-2005, 04:31 PM
gday after working in the trailer industry for five years now in victoria.I know that if your gross vehicle mass or GVM exceeds 2000 kg you need a breakaway unit.On a boat trailer you will have hydraulic disks with an electric over hydraulic breakaway unit you will then need an electric brake control fitted to your vehicle.The best units i have seen are the CARLISLE HYDROSTAR this unit alone retails in our store for $2500.00 not including fittment.I think $2700.00 isnt a bad price, the allternitive is pottentionally not being insured after having an accident.I hope this info helps.

troy
03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
nicko 233 i think you should read the post from the start.
anyway welcome to ausfish.
troy