PDA

View Full Version : What is this boat worth?

relvale
02-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Streaker 4.58m cuddycab for sale. with bow rail, canopy, marine radio, stainless steel burley bucket. 70 hp Johnson motor 2001.(only 30hrs. work) Mackay trailer 2002. Always shedded. Very good condition.

caloundra
02-08-2005, 12:08 PM
relvale
I thinks she's worth about $2000 but I'll give you $2500 how does that sound ;)

seriously It's a very nice looking boat have you got anymore pics
I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling her

Daniel

relvale
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I wish to buy this boat. Owner says best price 13k, Too much or not? More pics comming, Hull is a 91 motor 2001.

relvale
02-08-2005, 01:28 PM
closer

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
02-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I personally think it is probably worth 13k every day of the week.

Dave

fieldy
02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
I was about to say 12k so i was pretty close to the mark
from some of the boats i have seen it is a fair price from what i can tell in the photos
fieldy

propdinger
02-08-2005, 03:49 PM
price seems fair just make sure theres no rot in the boat and motor purrs and all should be good

jeff

CHRIS_aka_GWH
02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
30hrs work on the donk in 3-4yrs.

thats 10 hrs a year.

Five pretty small trips per year.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd be scared the motor had siezed.

The tyres should look brand new. The spark plugs may still be painted in etc

GES
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I'd be having a mechanic look at that motor before I passed over my hard-earned. #

30 hours use in 4 years sounds a bit far fetched to me, unless the original owner died or was laid up in bed for years and the boat has just sat there. Even then it could have problems from #not being used or maintained regularly enough.

Mate, people just don't buy a boat like that (or spend money to replace a motor) unless they intend to use the thing.

We have all heard about the used car dealer offering a gullible customer a good deal on the car on his lot that was a one owner vehicle, driven by a dear old lady once a week to go to church on Sundays.

You can check the state of the trailer and hull yourself.

If you take the details of the serial number and other model information from the motor, boat and trailer, you can take the photos and those details to a dealer and ask him to give you some idea what it would be worth as a trade-in. You don't necessarily have to tell him you intend to buy it, just what it's worth as a trade-in.

You'll be surprised how quickly an outboard motor looses value.

GES

relvale
02-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes motor hours do seem low, If it is seized or has not been started regularly, could it be checked over and lubed before starting to prevent damage? On paper this seems like a good package. The boat is located at Ararat in Victoria, which is a long way from water. Perhaps this is why it has not had much use?

Smithy
03-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Looks a good price to me. Motor is pretty new and you'd be getting one of the white Johnsons not the grey ones for this vintage. White doesn't show the seaspray as much as all the other brands of outboards. The OMC 3 cylinder is a solid workhorse. They have a good reputation. I had a 1986 60 which had more balls then a 1999 Yammie 70 I put on the same boat.

Oldyella
04-08-2005, 09:23 AM
I am originally from Victoria,and you don't get to go boating very often with weather and work etc.(Hence our move to God's own state) Ararat is no where near salt water, but he may not be the orig owner.Check if he has reciepts for services showing compression tests and water pump services etc..
Check securities register for proprietorship (Still owes money on it).. If you can get all of that, it looks worth the money to me.

relvale
04-08-2005, 02:08 PM
I have bought the boat the owner has had the hull since 93, and is a grazier from a property near Ararat. The boat had the new motor fitted as the 55 Evinrude that was on previous let him down a couple of times. The low hours are from 1) 3-4 trips per year and 2) When he fishes he anchors rather than trolling. He gave me details of services doen from a outboard mech. in Ballarat. It is difficult to get details of money owing on boat in Vic. Vicroads only could give proof of ownership not finance. The VSR(Vehichle Securities Register) only has info on road vehicles. So I could only get info on the tralier which is not much help. Anyway I have put down deposit and he will meet me somewhere closer than Ararat. Coudl get him down on price as he said he may try again in summer to sell.

Oldyella
05-08-2005, 03:40 AM
If the reg certificate is in his name, that's enough info. If it is under finance, it would be owned by Esanda, or other finance company.