PDA

View Full Version : COMMING SOON (trailer set-up )

nisrol
02-08-2005, 06:38 PM
YES you got it
am willing to show the process right here as it is done just wondering how many would be interested ?.

this will show step by step the process of adjusting ( from brand new ) a multi roller trailer ,
as can be seen in the avitar this trailer has not been done as yet the vessil should sit lower .

At the moment the rear roller set does not make any contact with the vessel and the winch post has already been moved as far forward as possible , so this will require the undercarage to be moved back thus giving the required weight on the drawbar .

Will be adding pics on a regular basis and listing the process as they are done so for those interested please keep watch as i assure you this will be as detailed as i can make it .

Just to add most of the information supplied courtesy of BELCO custom trailers managment ( and thank-you to rian and stuart )

Traveler
02-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi Bayrage.Nisrol,
I am extremely interested in resetting my boat up on Mackay multiroller trailer, so any advice i can get toset it up properly would be much appreciated.

Regards

Traveler

Bosunsmate
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Yep very interested....bring it on...the day I don't need to learn anything more is the day I'm in a pine box....the learning nerves are awakened and seeking information........:)

Mantaray
03-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Should be also off interest to some of the dealers, some of them obviously need the directions. At least then us boaties would be getting things setup the right way, right from the start instead of having to fix the dealers lack of attention to detail.

Spaniard_King
03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree with Mantaray,

The link to this post may be a handy one to send to a few boat dealers

Garry

Oldyella
04-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Include the "Loader trailers" by Dunbier and sold by Quintrex and Stacer. They are often set up wrong from the dealer.
You will many see of these in the future for Alloy boats, as they have the open section at the back for easy line up.
http://www.dunbier.com/images/loader/LS5.0M-13B.jpg

nisrol
04-08-2005, 07:56 PM
The first thing i have found about doing this from the home is the lack of neccessary tool that i have but will struggle on.

tools you may require if attempting this task:
1/ hand held grinder with at least 5 or 6 cutting disc's
2/ 18mm and 21mm spanner or socket ( for BELCO )
3/ a small hammer to jar apart the rollers ( only needed if the trailer has already been in the water).
3/ spirit level as the trailer is best set up while the upper section of the trailer is level.
4/ If like me you have pavers in the driveway a piece of timber as when the last two posts are lowered they WILL have a fare bit of weight on them .
5/ a suitable jack is maybe the most important a hydraulic floor jack would be best but this task, has to be be done in stages with a scissor jack .

To start of with i sugest doing the rollers not in contact with the hull ( as will be seen in the attached pic) the rollers should be spaced away from the chines as the boat sits on the trailer .
I found this to be easiest with the rear roller pack BUT be aware of any sounder accessories that are mounted thru the hull as i have found with mine and had to space the roller slightly lower , this is because the rear rollers are usually the lowest point that your boat will sit on your trailer .
This is because with BELCO trailers ( not sure about other manufacturers ) the rear roller pack is bolted to the "A" frame of the trailer ( just to mention the 2 sections of the trailer are the "A" frame and the traveling undercarage )of which we will talk about later in this topic as that also has to be shifted in this case .

hoping to put more here tomorrow as this is being done at home in between other family duties .

cheers andy

Heath
05-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Andy,
Can I suggest you make the pictures bigger. About 500 pixels wide would be great.

Traveler
07-08-2005, 05:33 PM
The first contribution is good. Thanks.
Can yoy please get om with it!

Mantaray
07-08-2005, 05:54 PM
1/ hand held grinder with at least 5 or 6 cutting disc's ?

Sounds like a major operation coming up? What are we going to cut up?

This is a BRAND NEW multi roller trailer isn't it?

nisrol
08-08-2005, 07:27 PM
SORRY for the delays but have been taking all the pics on mobil phone and have had trouble with phone-pc connection.
Yes mantaray it is a brand new trailer but they are never set up by the manufacturer as they are not to know what boat the dealer is going to put on them .

Anyhow got a few pics and credit balance on the phone is now bugger all from e-mailing them to myself ( bl@@dy usless technology).
SO LETS GET ON WITH IT

nisrol
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
OK as can be seen here the best way to set your trailer is by making sure your starting with a level surface ie: the spirit level on the "A" frame the will be self explanitory toward the final processes of the set up.
As it will aid in the in the way your vessel has to sit on your trailer to simplify launch and retrievel

nisrol
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
forgot the pic

nisrol
08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
try again

nisrol
08-08-2005, 07:54 PM
and again

nisrol
08-08-2005, 07:56 PM
once more

Fishin_Dan
09-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Andy - Take out the square brackets from the name of the file and use an underscore:-

ie Image006_1.jpg instead of Image006[1].jpg

nisrol
09-08-2005, 12:32 PM
OK now i think we have got it ?

this is the pic for the previous post.

nisrol
09-08-2005, 12:36 PM
as can be seen with this pic no trailer that you get will suite your boat straight of the shelf ( so to speak ) so take advantage of this to get these rollers set up .
BUT BE AWARE THAT YOUR BOAT MAY NOT SIT CENTRAL TO THE TRAILER .
So therefore compensate for it .

nisrol
09-08-2005, 12:46 PM
With this pic as you can see this is the best time for setting your rollers ( but as said before take note that your boat sits central on your trailer /if not compensate for it ) .

As my boat is sitting 4cm's to the right side of the trailer i have had to compensate for this in the setting of the rollers in relation to the chines.

nisrol
09-08-2005, 01:02 PM
In this pic we see the first wobble roller pack lowered to allow adjustments to be made so the rollers are not in contact with the rollers ( as this will destroy the rollers and there shape / or the other possibility is pushing the roller of the mounting ) .

In the previous pic you will also notice one of the hassles of a low profile trailer ie: bent number plate .

nisrol
09-08-2005, 01:04 PM
made so the rollers are not in contact with the rollers ?.

SORRY typo ! this is meant to read
made so the rollers are not in contact with the chines

nisrol
09-08-2005, 01:17 PM
This is one practice I DO NOT RECOMEND as the results could be devistating if you are not sure about what you are doing ,

If as i my case your vessel is not central on your trailer then when you are happy with the way your trailer looks then take it down to the ramp and push it across there , Practices like this could ruin your boating happiness by doing damage to the transom of your vessel; or worse breaking it's back !
NOTE : WEIGHT WAS NOT ON THIS JACK THIS IS DEMONSTRATION ONLY.

nisrol
09-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Rollers like this have been know to spit the roller right of the mount while loading the vessel it is IMPORTANT to make sure there is at least 15mm between the chine and the edge of the roller .

nisrol
09-08-2005, 01:40 PM
You also have to make sure that the brackets do not interfere with the roller and it's purpose . As here the rollers have been set and are clear of the chine , if neccesary it is possible to spread the rollers so that the outer one sits on the other side of the chine .
NOTE : there is a neoprene piece under each one of these mounts MAKE SURE THEY STAY IN PLACE as they are important to the operation of the wobble !

nisrol
09-08-2005, 02:05 PM
STAY TUNED MORE TO COME !

snappa
09-08-2005, 03:57 PM
having trounle understanding,,,

q.. does the keel rest on the keel rollers [center] or on the side rollers the whole length of the boat..

my haines appear as if the weigh is on the keel rollers aand not the side rollers.... ??? ??? ???

nisrol
09-08-2005, 06:31 PM
snappa
If you have keel rollers on your trailer the weight should be mainly on your keel rollers the purpose of the wobble rollers on a trailer such as yours is mainly to balance it and stop it from falling to one side also for long distance travel ie:interstate.

cheers andy